Warming up?
1006 10 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zarknoid
lvl.1

United States

Since the last update my p3p spends a lot of time warming up. I thought it only did this when it was cold!
2016-4-16
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

My P3A starting doing the same thing. Much longer!
2016-4-16
Use props
jbcecil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34701 ft
United States

Do a cold IMU calibration. Google it,  it is very helpful in lessening warm up time
2016-4-16
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

You want to have your Phantom as cold as possible when calibrating the IMU. Some people even put in the fridge first. I've never done that but I do start the calibration as fast as I can get to the menu option.
2016-4-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I do mine early in the morning after leaving it outside for about 30 minutes to cool down completely.  I just did a new cal a few days ago and it was only down to 45, so I expect to wait a bit longer than I was after doing the 7F calibration I had been running on before.  When I first got it, I didn't know about this, and did it on a 70 degree day.  It took 1-2 minutes to warm up after that.  After doing the cold cal, it was ready before GPS had locked up and everything was ready to go.
2016-4-16
Use props
djlmaec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129774 ft
United States

Put mine in the fridge before IMU calibration. No warm up time.
2016-4-16
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

p3a just had mine for 2 months did all the updates an 2day was my first real flight an had 2 wait few minutes for p3a to warm up but if calibration will work i am in . by the way had no problems with her , no shakes, ol wait that was me  sorry
2016-4-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

I am gonna calibrate my IMU now. Thanks for the good tips. :-)
2016-4-16
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

I re-calibrated after installing the 1.07.006 image on a cool day, which reduced the IMU warm up time a lot from my last mid-summer re-calibration. Since installing 1.08.008, on a warm day the IMU warm up time is now practically non-existent. A few seconds.
2016-4-16
Use props
zarknoid
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I've read the cold calibration info and I will have to do that. But, an interesting question is: Why calibrate to an arbitrary temperature instead of setting a temperature? You're setting calibration to the craft why?
2016-4-18
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone tried liquid nitrogen? Or better still, liquid helium?   Your phantom should be ready to go even without a battery!

(Yes, of course I'm joking)
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules