Video Feed Lost
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21775 ft
United States

I upgraded over the weekend to the latest firmware and took my 3 Pro out for a flight. I didn't have any issues until about 5 minutes in when my video feed went black. I was at 300 ft and maybe 1,000 ft away with a clear line of sight. I flew the drone back manually and never regained video. Once it was a few feet away from me I attempted an auto land but it said request timed out. I manually landed and restarted the RC and that fixed the issue. On my next flight in the same location I didn't have any issues. Any thoughts?
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello,when the video feed went black, did the screen show "Disconnected" at that time?
2016-4-18
Use props
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 05:35
Hello,when the video feed went black, did the screen show "Disconnected" at that time?

I believe it just said "no signal" and the video feed meter went empty. I still had full control just no video feed. Once I landed I tried just restarting the app but the video was still black. It wasn't until I restarted the RC that I regained video.
2016-4-18
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

What mobile device are you using?
2016-4-18
Use props
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
United States

GM01 Posted at 2016-4-18 12:56
What mobile device are you using?

iPhone 6S Plus
2016-4-18
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Sorry rt, can't help you. I use Android
2016-4-18
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Maybe you can find something on this thread to help you fix it :         http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=48633&extra=page%3D10%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D369%26typeid%3D369&mobile=2   
2016-4-18
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522598 ft
  • >>>
Norway

He-he, you're using a device DJI write is not only recommended for but OPTIMISED for!! I had a LOOOONG chat with DJI support earlier today and they could definitely not help me because I use an tablet/device that they don't recommend, so just because of that, they couldn't (didn't!?) want to help me either!!
2016-4-18
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522598 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Everything was working just great until the latest firmware update here some days back. I can be a couple of hundreds of meters from the bird or I can stand right next to it, suddenly in the mid upper part of the screen goes red and it says; "No Signal". When that happens the screen freezes and turns into b&w, but I can still control the drone as usual, as can I with the camera setting/menus and the gimbal, it's all fully controllable but I have no picture. As soon as I restart the GO app, in mid air or on the ground,  everything functions as normal again!!
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

What about the IOS version? Did you use apple original lightning cable at that time?
2016-4-18
Use props
matthieu.lecoq
First Officer
Flight distance : 3642602 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Using iPad 2 Mini (secondary : iPhone 6) - Original cable - Both 9.3.1

Never crashed - Never had an issue upgrading or other since June 2015 - Roughly 70+ flights

I had the same issue with my P3P on Saturday, April 9th when I upgraded from 1.7 to 1.8 ...

Tried downgrading afterwards several times going from 1.8 to 1.7 then back to 1.7 ...

It came back for a while (just several minutes) but then went black again ...

On Sunday, I went flying, even no live feed, and several times it live feed came back and disappeared without any logic ... Even had one complete flight with live feed 17/18 minutes

I then tried my iPhone which gave the same result several minutes of live feed then disappears ...
Everything else works, I can take videos and photos, I can fly, etc, etc ... Just no live feed ...

In conclusion :
- The live feed appears when I just start the P3P
- Dissipears after a couple of minutes
- Turning off the P3P and the RC, then starting it again immediately : no live feed
- If I wait 20 minutes, and start it again : live feed is back for several minutes, then stops

I am not really sure from what I encounter than the new firmware is really the issue (itself) but must have triggered something more hardware ...

Seems that "heating" up makes the live feed to stop ... A fan malfunction ?

Anyway, I contacted DJI China since I am in Shanghai and this is what happened (my P3P is still under warranty)

- They didn't seem to be surprised when I told them all this ... Just asked for my P3P serial number and date of purchase
- Didn't ask any other question, they said : you have to send it back - the P3P and the RC (nothing else)
- They arranged an express transport to come and pick it up - I sent it yesterday and they told me I should get some news at the latest on Friday

Even tried before sending it back with the new IOS DJI Go app vers 2.7.2 ... Same result ...

Let's see what comes out of this ...

2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules