1211 3 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having issues with my remote control (RC) for my Inspire 1 Pro black edition. I charged it over night after flying it and the next day I noticed that the lights weren't blinking which indicates that its finished charging. I pressed the button to see if all the lights light up and it shows the first two are lit but the third one is blinking. I checked the app it says that the RC is holding a charge of 56% and the firmware for the RC is v. 1.6.0 which is the latest. I want to charge this thing to 100% but its not getting to max out after plugging it in for over three hours. Do I need to calibrate the battery in the RC? And if so, how do I do that? Any other solutions? Thank you in advance.
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think I would cycle that battery by turning on the Transmitter ( Not the Aircraft )  and letting it just die, then I would try to re-charge once again.  See if that help's.   I normally would not do this with new batteries but I think it is your only choice.
My RC  takes a good 6 hours to get a full charge by the way .  
Make sure the RC Tranmitter is OFF when charging as well.  
There is no calibration processs for the RC Transmitter .  I Run My RC down about once a month and then a full charge.

That  RC should not be doing this.  With New batteries sometimes strange things happen.

donnie

2016-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you may have a problem with will require DJI repair services. It could be the power supply?

I have not heard of any way to deep cycle the remote battery or ways to reset it.

Did you watch the remote while it was charging. Do the LED's cycle and continue to do this while plugged into the power supply?  Maybe try another power supply or try using the adaptor from the Inspire 6 cell battery to charge the remote.

Rich
2016-4-21
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I contacted DJI and while I was waiting for my turn in the queue (position 27) I decided to try a different approach. I turned the RC (Remote Control) on and plugged it in. I noticed that the DJI GO app showed that it went from 56% to 60%. So I let it sit there recharging while the RC was on. I did a few chores around the house and every now and then I would hear a recording on my phone informing me where I was at in the queue. By the time I was number five in line, I checked on the RC and noticed that it was fully charged! I thought that was odd but was happy that it was at 100%. I continued to hold my position in the queue so that I could share this with DJI support. I unplugged it and kept it one to see if it would hold its charge. After I shared my experience with DJI support, they, too, they were going to suggest that I should cycle the RC down and then charge it up again. But at this point they felt that I may have resolved the issue. They made sure they took note of this just in case someone else runs into the same issue.

I took my Inspire 1 Pro to the park and flew all four TB48 batteries. I checked the RC and it showed all four buttons lit when I pressed the power button to check its charge. I checked the DJI GO app and still had a lot of juice left in the RC. I'm happy that this didn't have to send this thing in.  Thanks for everyone's input though!   Fly safe!
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules