Stuck X5 balance ring?
997 5 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AAI
lvl.2

United States

Hello all
So with the new X5R I just got a set of the Polar Pro ND fliters. The Balance ring that comes on the stock DJI lens I would think should be removed in order to put on the Polar Pro ND Filter,  my problem,  I can't seem to unscrew the Balance ring from the Lens.  Its on there really tight, so tight I feel the force needed would break the lens I feel.  Am I mssing something, does the balance ring not come off to put the ND on?  What am I misssing?

Thanks,
2016-4-25
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try the trick with rubber band around filter ring ...
2016-4-25
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Yes, like dobmatt said, use a wide rubber band and your hand only. Don't put pliers to it! That will bend the ring making it oval. It will come off. And, yes, you want to remove it as it takes the place of a filter to achieve balance. If you just add the filter, it will be front heavy and stress the gimbal motor and possibly vibrate.
2016-4-25
Use props
AAI
lvl.2

United States

Thanks fellas for the help
2016-4-28
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

nice even pressure around the balance ring.  try not to "pinch" it across opposite sides of the ring with your fingers.  Place the fingers evenly around the circumference.

Another way is to put on a nice washing up glove to get your grip.  Again nice even pressure around the circumference.

And I find pink washing up gloves work much better than the yellow ones
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nigpd Posted at 2016-4-28 10:03
nice even pressure around the balance ring.  try not to "pinch" it across opposite sides of the ring ...

Agreed.. Light pressure while unscrewing.
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules