Phantom 3 4K - Range - What should I do?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshtblack
lvl.1

Australia

Hey, My Dad has recently bought me a DJI Phantom 3 4K but I wanted to wait for my birthday to get it, The DJI Phantom 3 4K only goes up to 1.2km but for the Phantom 3 Advanced which is the same price just a tiny bit lower quality camera, flys up to 5km, is there a module I can buy to put in my Phantom 3 4K to make it go up to 5km?, cause for 1.2km, it's not that far for me.

Thanks.
2016-4-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Not a module that you can buy from Dji.  The P3 4k does not use Lightbridge. It uses WiFi,  like the Phantom 3 Standard.  So you can expect similar ranges as to what you would get with the Standard.  The Advanced and Pro Lightbridge is proprietary to Dji and will not work on the Standard and 4k.  
However,  you may have success using an aftermarket range extender like the Windsurfer.  There are a few different types out there,  and opinions vary as to which one is best. Installing most of them on the r/c will void your warranty. But most seem to agree they will extend your range quite a bit.
Hope this helps.
2016-4-26
Use props
Malartic2014
lvl.1
Flight distance : 954629 ft
Canada

Good day Josh,

Fist of all, you are wrong about the DJI P3 Advanced & Pro.

The Phantom 3 Advanced has the same distance flight as the Phantom 3 4K Pro according to dji.com

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#specs

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#specs

If you flying at 5 km (16404.2 feet) you might not have enough battery for it. So be careful. fly over a field or vacant lot and don't forget about the Wind, you may have the Wind in your back that give you fast and long distance flying but when you're coming back the Wind in your face may give you only 3 or 4 km.

To fly 5km you'll have to fly ATTI.

Hopes this help you.

2016-4-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malartic2014 Posted at 2016-4-26 13:58
Good day Josh,

Fist of all, you are wrong about the DJI P3 Advanced & Pro.

The OP is speaking about the Phantom 3 4k which is a different machine from the Phantom 3 Pro (which just happens to have a 4k camera). So Kneepuck was correct in what he said.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello josh, the image transmitting system of Phantom 3 4K is different from Phantom 3 advanced. Unfortunately there isn't an module.
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules