Which Android should I get then?
1361 11 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Been an Apple Fanboi for years. But this fiasco with iOS on my Inspire has probably convinced me to get an Android just to keep flying.

I know nothing about them.

Which model is supported by DJI, has a large screen, and will fit the device holder on the remote?

And, can I get WiFi only and still use mapping?

2015-1-16
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Samsung Pro Tab S 8.4 is what I recommend.
2015-1-16
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably one of the Samsung units for big screen.  I'm using a LG Pad 7" and AT&T offered it for $1 if you agreed to add it to your phone data plan for 18 months ($10/month).  Got mine at AT&T store on Capital Blvd at Spring Forest Rd since you're local.  BJ's has some good deals on Samsung tablets or at least they did last time I was in there a week or two ago.  

You can do it with wifi only as long as you enable map caching and then pull up the area you plan to fly while on wifi prior to connecting to the Inspire.  You could probably also use your phone as a hot spot and connect your tablet to that but don't know if that might cause interference.
2015-1-16
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Anybody using the Amazon Fire 8?  Thinking about getting till DJI gets act together for apple
2015-1-16
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet.

Runs the app just fine, although I haven't got my Inspire yet so I can't comment on Lightbridge performance.

It's spec'ed similar to the iPad Air though, so should be fine.
2015-1-16
Use props
GlenBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168438 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using two Samsung Galaxy Tab 4's (8" white) with no trouble so far......
2015-1-16
Use props
bill
lvl.2
United States

I am using the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014 Edition), with no lag video.   The 10.1" Note fits in the bracket and gives you the large landscape 10" screen, just like the Ipad Air 2.    The only problem is that when the tablet is in landscape mode the micro USB is centered on the bottom (vs side like the Ipad air).  There is a gap on the bottom of the remote control bracket; however, it isn't quite large enough for the included micro USB plug to fit.  I just put the tablet in the holder a little off center and voila.
2015-1-16
Use props
dwartenburg
lvl.2
United States

Hey Bill, would you please email me? I want to talk to you about your android device :dwartenburg@gmail.com.  Thanks, dave
2015-1-16
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4" tablet yesterday and put an hour of flight time on it. This tablet fits really well on the DJI mount. The tablet is really thin so the clamp can get a good grip on the edges. It was an open box return at Best Buy and only cost $254. It's working well with the inspire. I like the large bright display. Frame rate is much better than my older tablets and cell phone. I can really recommend this for Inspire users. It's a good fit.

Another nice feature of the tablet is that it has a micro card reader. I can remove the card from the Inspire, put it into the tablet and directly play jpg photos and watch video using the MX player. With the Astro file manager I am able to copy any file from the Inspire memory card to the Tablet. This is an option for making copies of files in the field.
IMG_3900.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3904.jpg
2015-1-16
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-17 12:28
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4" tablet yesterday and put an hour of flight time on it. This  ...

Thanks for the post and images.
2015-1-16
Use props
jleblond1
lvl.1

United States

from what ive read the more ram the better. can anyone verify this
2015-1-16
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the Pro 8.4 in white. Works great and no issues.
2015-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules