Still on 1.2 - Should I upgrade to 1.8?
666 3 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

Title says it all. I haven't updated this unit because it has worked absolutely flawlessly and I don't believe in changing anything if you don't have to. That said, I need to load some mapping software for this unit and so I have to update it if I want it to work.

What I am worried about is all of the issues that people have posted resulting from the last several firmware updates. If you had a perfectly functioning unit on 1.2, would you update it or leave it?

Thanks for any input!
2016-4-28
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using 1.1.2 for ages and does everything I want it to do with no issues.  Be nice to have a few of the new things they offer but do not want all the bloatware that comes with it.  So for now I will stay where I'm at.  Maybe someday I will go for it.
2016-4-28
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply vonbaron1. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I want some of the new functionality, but am not willing to give up a perfectly stable and reliable system to get them.

Any other opinions?
2016-4-28
Use props
batteriesareinc
New

United States

Me 3, i have a perfectly working aircraft and don't want to mess things up. But with that said, i want the new features. Especially point of interest & follow me modes. I'm thinking of updating to v1.3.0. Which should have those modes.
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules