Rear LED flashing in GPS mode?
1118 5 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

My Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3's rear LEDs blink just the opposite from what I have been seeing on all videos so far.  That is, instead of blinking green most of the time, and then turning off for a split second, there are mostly off, and then blink green just for a fraction of a second.  Does anybody else notice this?  I was told it correct for the new V3 Phantoms...

BTW, my Phantom needed 1 ESC replaced, because it never got the motor up to speed.  It has ESC V2.0 attached to all 4 motors.  It also has a vented WiFi module, and the new GPS shielding...

Thanks

John
2015-1-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I don't know what video you were watching but after you've got 6 or more satellites indicating a GPS lock, the lights ARE mostly off and then blink green just for a fraction of a second.  I have two Phantoms, a v2 and a v3 model and they are both the same.
2015-1-17
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

OK, here is one   You can clearly see that the rear LEDs are mostly on, and then go out for a fraction of a second?  This is what I was expecting to see.  This isn't what you are seeing?  Thanks for the reply.
2015-1-17
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

jtrager@carolin Posted at 2015-1-18 01:43
OK, here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPte3VEvo0.  You can clearly see that the rear LEDs ...

I can't answer why the one in the video behaves as such, but your's is blinking like mine, and as the manual and card attached to your new transmitter show.

They will slowly blink green when satellite count is satisfied in Phantom working mode.
2015-1-17
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

OK, you are right.  When one looks at the card that is attached to the transmitter, it shows the LEDs are off for most of the time, and are green for just a split second!  Thanks!
2015-1-17
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Ok a few things to comment on,
Firstly, that video was shot mostly in slow motion, so it is not a good indication of the LED's.
Secondly, your statement "When one looks at the card that is attached to the transmitter, it shows the LEDs are off for most of the time, and are green for just a split second!" makes no sense, I think you need to read the manual again.
Thirdly, slow green is what you want to see before flight.
2015-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules