Tilted Horizon and the C2 button / Exp. Comp dial
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I see that there is yet another thread started about titled horizons. The new user did a Gimbal Roll adjustment (which I guess is a valid thing to do), but didn't know about the first steps, which are gimbal calibration and if necessary, IMU calibration. FEEL FREE TO ASK here if you don't know what those things are.

However, what I almost never see mentioned is the following procedure. I do it, but it could be that I am entirely wrong for doing it, so please read the entire thread before trying it. Rather than mention it again in an existing thread and see it buried under pages of replies for various other things, I thought I would dedicate this thread to the procedure:

Adjusting the horizon mid-flight:
  • find an non-level horizon and hover
  • Press and hold the C2 button on the bottom of the RC
  • After the beep, continue to hold the C2 button and adjust the exposure compensation wheel to the left of right to level the horizon
  • Let go of the C2 button

So, my questions are:
  • Is this a valid procedure?
  • Does it have any downsides or side-effects?
  • Why isn't it documented?
  • Any other comments?

Thanks,
Chris

PS: Titled Horizons would make a good band name, maybe for one that gigs at tiki bars where people drink alot.

2016-5-3
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I didn't know about this. Perhaps it is a shortcut to the gimbal roll adjustment?  And yes it be an excellent band name!!!!
2016-5-3
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Yes, Homestead72 is correct, this is a shortcut to the Gimbal Roll Adjustment. Tim explained this in a post last October about the RC firmware update: New remote controller firmware !
2016-5-4
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

Cool, thanks all.
2016-5-4
Use props
tomluna01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

Thank you for posting this
2016-10-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

That is REGARDLESS of what your C2 is set to control in the app?
Mine just happens to be set to gimball mode, but it could be anything.. how interesting!
U r talking about Phantom 3 or 4?
2016-10-29
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

As far as I can tell, regardless of what the C2 is set at in the app, yes.

Also, it seems to work even regardless of the APP you're using. I think it was after I started this thread that I discovered it working while using the Litchi app.

Speck
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules