Slow Signal Reaquisition After Signal Lost
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12077694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently, while flying one of my Phantom 3 pro drone, I notice that when I get a signal loss (both video and RC), it takes longer than usual for the signal to return.  I know the RTH failsafe is triggered and the drone starts heading home, but the time it takes for the signal/video feed to return is much longer.  I compared by flying my second Phantom 3 pro drone using the same radio controller and the same flight route and where it loses signal and triggers RTH, the video/signal feed comes back a lot sooner.  Flight parameters (altitude, RTH altitude, speed, flight mode (P-GPS)) are all kept constant between both drones.

Would slower signal reaquisition be a sign of a faulty, deteriorating OFDM module?  I have visually inspected the antenna connectors and all four are properly secured to the OFDM board.  This drone was recently rebuilt due to stress fractures on the motor arms.  I meticulously made sure all connectors and wires are properly routed and connected. Other than the slower signal reaquiring problem, all other flight aspects are stable and normal.   

2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules