3817 19 2016-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srmmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7293 ft
United States

Hi,

My phantom 4 is making this high pitched whistling noise intermittently , like when I press right stick up to fly forward etc.  Its not a constant sound but kind of pulsating.   Is this normal?
2016-5-6
Use props
srmmedia
lvl.1
United States

i found a youtube video of some person with his phantom making the same sound , is this normal ?  
2016-5-6
Use props
wally1
lvl.2
United States

Mine does that too, I'm curious if this is normal as well???
2016-5-6
Use props
srmmedia
lvl.1
United States

wally1@teleport Posted at 2016-5-7 06:03
Mine does that too, I'm curious if this is normal as well???

i never noticed it before today .  Ive had my P4 for about 2 weeks now and have only flown it about 5 times . Never heard that noise till today..Ive never crashed my drone or anything , though I did have it drop in altitude today a few feet and land on its skids but no damage.
2016-5-6
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-6
Use props
srmmedia
lvl.1
United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-5-7 09:59
DJI has confirmed in other threads that it's a normal sound.

so everybody's P4 sounds like that?   OK... It only started sounding like that today..
2016-5-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

srmmedia Posted at 2016-5-7 12:17
so everybody's P4 sounds like that?   OK... It only started sounding like that today..

No, not everyone's P4 does it, nor everyone's P3, but some do. It is just a quirk in one of the propellers most likely.
2016-5-6
Use props
TK-421
Banned

2016-5-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TK-421 Posted at 2016-5-7 16:00
If it's a "quirk" in one of the props, then it's been a quirk in at least 25% of about 30 different ...

Yeah, you would have to be one of our most experienced P4 testers. Although in retrospect you probably would have preferred not to be.
2016-5-6
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

We're all gonna notice now after this vid. Mine sounds very much like the vid and I also assumed normal. I'll listen more intently next time I fly.
2016-5-7
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same thing happening. I narrowed it down to a noisy transducer for the sonar. The noise will start at about 4 feet from the ground. Go higher and it will stop. My Phantom flies fine. At first I had the concern that it was a motor s well.
2016-5-7
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

srmmedia Posted at 2016-5-6 18:37
i never noticed it before today .  Ive had my P4 for about 2 weeks now and have only flown it abou ...

I should add that I found it by hovering up and down in front of me while sitting on the ground. My Lab doesn't like it at all. Dogs can hear sound a lot better than we can. I wouldn't worry about it.
2016-5-7
Use props
TK-421
Banned

2016-5-7
Use props
TK-421 Posted at 2016-5-7 23:22
Agreed on both counts. Ha!

I, too, have the high-pitch squeal...  I've always assumed that it was a quirky motor, but was never sure.  I've heard that it is somewhat normal (meaning that a LOT of us have it).  I've also heard that it is nothing to worry about.  
Of course, I've heard that they (DJI) are "working" on a fix for the drop in altitude when entering a hover, as well.  We will see if DJI can come up with a fix for this, or if this will ALSO become a "normal" occurrence....
2016-5-7
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

First thing that popped into my head was Wow!  Super senses -- you can hear what dogs hear!

Next thought was some kind of harmonic between the 4 motors going in and out of sync but I'm pretty sure rodger called it with the ultrasound sensors.

Ahh, you young'uns with your full spectrum hearing.  Spend a few years with an artillery battalion firin' those pesky guns all the time.  Then wait a few years, you'll start to lose the upper frequencies and that won't bother you any more.
2016-5-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-6 21:08
No, not everyone's P4 does it, nor everyone's P3, but some do. It is just a quirk in one of the pr ...

Yes,  as First Officer Geebax stated,  it is pretty common and nothing to worry about.  Both of my P3's do it.

2016-5-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-8 05:49
Yes,  as First Officer Geebax stated,  it is pretty common and nothing to worry about.  Both of my ...

Thank you Second Officer Kneepuck, I rather doubt it woyuld be the ultrasonic sensors myself, as the YouTube channel would not be able to reproduce it, and I certainly would not be able to hear it.
2016-5-7
Use props
jstjohnz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146388 ft
United States

Odd, I just noticed this today for the first time, and my high frequency hearing is lousy.
2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

That's normal.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules