Shocking video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

Since a few days my video is not working good on my Phantom 3 standaard. See video below. Anyone knows how i can fix this problem? Is there a problem with the camera or gimball? I have no idea....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qLujkSgNGk

2016-5-7
Use props
hms666
lvl.2
Finland

Is your p3 yaw-arm properly connected?
2016-5-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, this is called the Jello effect and is caused by vibration in the camera or gimbal mount. There are a number of possible causes, but firast you need to look and see if you can see it happening. Try hovering down close to yourself and look at the camera to see if it is shaking. If you can't see any movement, then you may need to think about balancing your propellers.

2016-5-7
Use props
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

I think so. I have my drone for a few weeks, so i don't know it all. How can i check it?
2016-5-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

stefan.bl Posted at 2016-5-7 15:27
I think so. I have my drone for a few weeks, so i don't know it all. How can i check it?

As First Officer Geebax said,  put your Phantom in a hover just in front of you and look to see if it is shaking.  If it is just the camera shaking,  inspect the rubber dampeners on the camera mount.  And,  if you have ever crashed the Phantom,  your propellers may need to be replaced.  Or balanced.
2016-5-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And you only have two plastic anti drop retainers in place, I saw another similar who had 4 pegs fitted which caused gimbal to shake/vibrate.
2016-5-7
Use props
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

thanks for the tips. I am gonne check it tomorrow. What do i have to do when the camera is shaking?
2016-5-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-7
Use props
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

At low altitude its the same problem. There was not that much wind when i was shooting the video.
2016-5-7
Use props
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

I've checked the prop guards. No i have 2 connected and in the other two there is no screw in it. I also replased the propellors, but still the same problem...
2016-5-8
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Pssst - hint ....

Make sure you removed the soft foam packing piece behind the gimbal - leaving it in place produces exactly that effect.

Go on, ask me how I found out

LOL
2016-5-8
Use props
ricardo_camargo
New

France

Hi, I crashed my DJI standard few days ago and now I have exactly the same problem. The gimbal is vibrating and making some scaring noise, and the video has the same effect.
But it is weird because apparently the gimbal can move all directions, it works very well for the first callibration test when we turn on the drone. But sometimes after the first test it seems that it can't move normally. Do you know if it is just some calibration or how can I fix it physically ?
Thanks.
2016-5-8
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

On my old P2V+ after two crashes I noticed that the two of the gimbal balls were torn (little gaps near their bases). replacing these is not too difficult and very inexpensive. I also have loose zip ties through the two empty mounting holes (not sure how the P3 differs).
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It is so called Jello effect. Please try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal. If the calibration could not solve this issue, you may need to contact our Europe service center for diagnosis:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-5-8
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

stefan.bl Posted at 2016-5-7 19:01
At low altitude its the same problem. There was not that much wind when i was shooting the video.

as others have stated check the white rubber cushions. between the camera mount and the other bracket on the drone.   make sure it moves freely and all of the rubber bumpers are fully inserted.   also check behind the clear plastic clips and make sure rubber behind them is all the way in.   you can easliy get the jello effect of the hard plastic clips are not resting on the white rubber gromets in the mounts.   

also make sure the gimbal moves freely on the rubber mounts and isn't stiff at all
2016-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, simply shocking. ZAPP!!
Follow the above instructions and see if you can fix it yourself, otherwise, send it in for a service.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-9
Use props
stefan.bl
New

Netherlands

i have tried everything, but still the problem. I am sending my drone to the supplier, hoping they can fix it for me. Thanks for all the good help!
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules