Up-date problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been away for a few months not able to fly, and am trying to start again. I up-dated the firm wear to 1.8 etc, and was unable to get the remote to update. The install of the firm wear went fine on the plane, but as I say the remote didn't up-date.
The remote would not connect normally to the aircraft after the update either, although the remote LED was green. I couldn't see anything from the camera on the App, and the only thing that would move was the camera slightly side to side, by moving the left stick side to side. Weird! I tried moving the camera using the left dial and it went down as it should have and came back up as it should have.
By the way the app did not say I had the wrong software on the remote, or rather that it needed to be updated. The app software is 2.8 I think.
So I decided to back the aircraft software to 1.7, and see if that would make a difference, and the aircraft has been beeping for an hour with the aircraft's back LEDs blinking white the front solid red, and the led on the gimble LED is solid green. The gimbal is doing it's d--dd noise thingy continuously.
Help?

Just checked the SD card and the backwards try aborted. I had 1.8 in the craft and tried to go back to 1.7 and it aborted. Wasted an hour with that.
Will see what happens when I put the 1.8 back on the card.
2016-5-8
Use props
fishmanrich
lvl.1

Australia

big issue bro, just did the same thing about 15mins ago and the bird shit itself. cant fly at all. DJI need to fix the latest firmware.
2016-5-8
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fishmanrich Posted at 2016-5-8 09:54
big issue bro, just did the same thing about 15mins ago and the bird shit itself.  cant fly at all ...

Does that mean this is a common thingy for us mear mortals or just you and I?
2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC needs to be updated to speak to aircraft on 1.8, new encryption used between RC & aircraft. Connect RC to display device which is wifi enabled. Then run latest version of DJI GO on device and it will update RC over wifi.

When update of aircraft in progress led above camera flashes green/red. When update complete it turns solid green. I would reboot aircraft if solid green led on gimbal, and try a connect again with aircraft @ 1.8 and RC @ 1.6.

Note that although the numbers are similar the RC firmware is a different package to thye aircraft FW.
2016-5-8
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone. all your suggestions are good. I found the link between my phone and RC was not set up correctly. Once that was fixed, I regained control and up-graded the RC. Assuming there are no other wrinkles to be had, I am good to go..
Thanks for your support.
2016-5-8
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft

arives@capecod. Posted at 2016-5-8 23:21
Thanks everyone. all your suggestions are good. I found the link between my phone and RC was not set ...

Hello there, I have a thread on this with much data .. take a look .. maybe we should join forces .. just-say-in...!!! ;-)
.. here is the link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2016-5-8
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

mdazel Posted at 2016-5-9 00:01
Hello there, I have a thread on this with much data .. take a look .. maybe we should join forces  ...

Your thread about alleged power output changes have NOTHING to do with this thread!
2016-5-8
Use props
Shade Heart
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-8 07:09
RC needs to be updated to speak to aircraft on 1.8, new encryption used between RC & aircraft. Conne ...

I've tried doing this with my RC, but it doesn't seem to accept the update, per say. I had used the app to update at least three times, but it still showed that the RC needed to update. Then (after successfully upgrading the drone's firmware), the message stopped showing but no matter what I've tried, the RC's firmware is just not updating past 1.6. Anyway you know how to help with this?
2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC firmware latest build is 1.6. There are three different upgrades to consider aircraft at 1.8.80, the RC at 1.6 and V2.8.0 for the App' and that's it. If you're at these then all is updated.
2016-5-8
Use props
Shade Heart
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-8 17:10
The RC firmware latest build is 1.6. There are three different upgrades to consider aircraft at 1.8. ...

Ok, thanks a lot! I was trying to figure this out for a while, and I started to think that may have been the case. Thanks again!
2016-5-8
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using a P3 or P4?
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now