RC Signal Lost After Update
20609 38 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
overheadaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3045 ft
Canada

Hey everyone - I recently updated my Phantom 3 Professional to the latest firmware (v1.8.80). I did that and the text file said success. I then powered it up and the RC. With the RC I downloaded latest firmware to it and updated.

Now once everything is powered up I'm connected and can see image from the drone on my phone however RC Signal Lost in red if flashing above. I followed the tutorial multiple times for relinking the RC. Every time it would say successful but then I still have RC Signal lost flashing.

Any other ideas on thing I could try to isolate the issue.

Much appreciated.
2016-5-8
Use props
pete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 630486 ft

Welcome to the club. I will be watching this thread for updates. There are numerous threads about this subject. I wish someone from DJI would chime in. This is a real problem

Ipad mini 4     IOS 9.3.1
DJI APP  2.8.0
RC  1.6.0
Aircraft 1.8.80
Never had problem updating before. No crashes and no modifications.
When flying over 20 to 200 feet get red flashing lost signal.
2016-5-8
Use props
overheadaerial
lvl.2
Canada

pete@clarkcabin Posted at 2016-5-8 20:43
Welcome to the club. I will be watching this thread for updates. There are numerous threads about th ...

Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later.
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

overheadaerial Posted at 2016-5-9 08:49
Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Hello overheadaerial, could you post the upgrade LOG here?The hidden log could be found in the hidden folder MISC.Besides, what was the RC upgrade result?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pete@clarkcabin Posted at 2016-5-9 08:43
Welcome to the club. I will be watching this thread for updates. There are numerous threads about th ...

Hello pete, please make sure the RC and antenna are in appropriate position. You can sync and upload the flight record to the cloud and provide your DJI account here. It would be better if you have the screenshot of the transmitting channel's quality at that time.
2016-5-9
Use props
kw.duan
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I have the same issue. I reply with a solution from DJI in another post. Here I copy paste it:

Would you be so kind to try the following:

Please downgrade your remote controller to 1.5.8 by following the steps below:
a. turn on the remote controller and connect your mobile device
b. open the DJI GO App, press and hold the academy button for about 10 seconds
c. download the firmware and downgrade to 1.5.8.

After downgrading the remote controller, please upgrade the aircraft to 1.8.1. Please see the instructions in the manual: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... e_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

Once you upgraded the aircraft, please re-upgrade the remote controller to the latest version by using the DJI GO App.

Please relink the remote controller by following the video:

Coincidentally, before they sent me this email. I tried this method, and it works. In the method they provided, I believe they perhaps want to say 1.8.80 rather than 1.8.1. Have a try. Please let me know if it works for you.
2016-5-9
Use props
Yac_Attack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704426 ft
United States

kw.duan Posted at 2016-5-9 06:25
Hi, I have the same issue. I reply with a solution from DJI in another post. Here I copy paste it:

I have the same problem on my Phantom 3. I will try the sollution.
2016-5-9
Use props
pete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 630486 ft

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 18:10
Hello pete, please make sure the RC and antenna are in appropriate position. You can sync and uplo ...

Paladin Thanks for the response
I did another reset from I tunes. Still had the some problems. I downloaded Litchi and tried again with the DJI Go App and had disconnect problems. I then started the Litchi app and had no problems. This got me thinking about the way I started the bird up. I have been starting app then RC then aircraft. But with the Litchi app I started the aircraft then powered on RC then powered on litchi and it worked fine. I thought maybe this might be something
so then I tried with the DJI App
Started aircraft waited 1 minute then turned on RC then waited about 30 seconds then I started up the DJI app I was able to go about a three quarters of a mile then i started to get warnings. This is much better than what it was doing. took it out to the waterfall and flew 3 batteries it seems as if has lost a little distance but much better than what it was doing.
If others are having problems try by starting aircraft then RC then app. This seemed to fixed my problems.
Flight log http://healthydrones.com/main?share=GPnbSF
Not much to see as there were no errors. Just glad to be flying again.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pete@clarkcabin Posted at 2016-5-10 10:22
Paladin Thanks for the response
I did another reset from I tunes. Still had the some problems. I do ...

Thanks for your feedback Pete. It would be better if you can upload the flight record(txt file) here or tell me your dji account if you have synced the record because I couldn't get the record file from this website.
2016-5-9
Use props
markkelly66
New

United Kingdom

Hi eveyone,

has anyone found a relaibele and offical fix to this probelm?

P3P drone with regualr updates until now and all gone wrong. never had a problem until now
2016-5-10
Use props
Same problem here, In the academy button menu , I get :

Product: GL300 RC
Current Version: Unknown

Get Firmware Version Failed

I cannot select a previous version .....

Help is appreciated, I have a wedding coming up where I have to do the aerial footage
2016-5-12
Use props
davidperryfilms
New

United States

Same problem with the RC Signal Lost and same issue with the academy menu button. Lost out on two shoots this week because of this issue. Would love a solution as I can't fly at all right now and I have a shoot everyday next week.
2016-5-12
Use props
jared79
New

Australia

Trying kw.duan's method right now. Will update
2016-5-12
Use props
davidperryfilms
New

United States

davidperryfilms Posted at 2016-5-12 22:42
Same problem with the RC Signal Lost and same issue with the academy menu button. Lost out on two sh ...

I updated my iPhone App and it looks like it fixed the problem.
2016-5-13
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue as many reported, did the FW update to both the AC and RC but had no control of the motors and RC signal lost right after warm up. In the DJI GO app in the about screen had no listing of FW for the AC or RC but did show the most current version of app. I don't know if I was responsible for my own fix, or DJI did something that took place while I was trying everything I could think of but here is what I did and now have a working drone. I first turned my DJI GO app on then turned on my AC and RC at virtually the same time while the AC was booting up the RC showed a green LED and I had camera link up I next went to the about screen in the app and noticed it listing a needed update which I immediately clicked and when it was ready to download I did that ASAP while my drone was still going through warm up. The RC download was successful but not the 1.6 version I was expecting. Instead it was a 1.58 version listed and almost simultaneously a version also showed for the AC which was the current expected version. I went to the telemetry screen on the app and it showed a safe to fly banner but had no ability to arm the motors so I powered down everything and rebooted all in the proper sequence. Everything booted properly and the about screen now showed the proper 1.6 RC version and now had full control of the motors. Its raining monsoons here now so I cant test the drone in an actual flight situation but I think I have it licked... Good luck...and may the force be with you
2016-5-13
Use props
dd377
New

United States

Having same problem with latest firmware upgrades
P3 Pro was working great for me and then I was prompted to upgrade firmware on the RC to 1.6.0.  I should have left as it was.  I upgraded as follows:
RC 1.6.0
Aircraft 1.8.8.0
App 2.8.1
Now when in the App in "About" the Aircraft and RC firmware is listed as Version Unknown but the App shows 2.8.1
Overall Status shows Normal but when picking it Overall Status screen is blank.
I can start the motors with the rc but haven't try to fly yet
Worked with DJI support for a day on this and was finally told it was a known problem and should be corrected in next release of App with Apple
Was also told the Pro should fly ok as is
2016-5-13
Use props
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just had exactly the same issue, just done an update, said it was all complete but now got the RC Signal loss as soon as you power up. I just checked the about screen and it shows the aircraft as v1.6.40+ weather than 1.8.0. now won't update at all, was working fine up until today and I am supposed to be filming tomorrow... great
2016-5-13
Use props
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any ideas anyone, wish I hadn't bothered with the update
2016-5-13
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

stegates@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-14 02:44
I have just had exactly the same issue, just done an update, said it was all complete but now got th ...

If you did the AC update over the air, I would suggest you download the zip file directly from the DJI site and then extract the bin file to the memory card and install it in the gimbal slot...leave the RC off and just boot up the AC to download..hope this helps
2016-5-13
Use props
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i downloaded the update from dpi, said update was a success but is not showing 1.0.8 as its firmware, when i try to redo the update nothing happens, just says RC Signal lost
2016-5-14
Use props
Captain Bo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
  • >>>

This will not be solved until DJI fixes the problem with Apple IOS new 9.3.1 update that caused all these Phantom's to stop working with RC signal lost.   
2016-5-14
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Mine seems a little different.  Mine say ""Lost Signal" but I can myself in the in the screen.  If i move one or more joy sticks the camera moves.  It is clear I have not "Lost Signal" buit the software is stating so.  Also, I can't start the motors.

Any thoughts?

BTW -
Update "successful"
RC is updated
DJI android is up to date
All android is up to date.

Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
ryan_prouty
New

United States

I'm having similar issues.

Just bought a P3A yesterday, used.  Worked fine.  Noticed only 1080 settings so tried to upgrade.

Being a first time owner, I downloaded DJI GO 2.8.1.  From the get-go, "overall status" was blank when tapped. when I go to about, the firmware for RC and AC said "unknown."

So I updated the Firmware for the AC via mSD card. Worked as expected.  But now i'm not able to update the FW on the RC.  No option comes up in the app.  Using cable connected to AC, mSD card in reader and USB stick all do not update the RC - the RC light never turns blue.  I've read I have the 300B model remote, which only updates via the RC.  Because I can't update the RC firmware, so I get a "RC Connection lost,"  even we re-paired or 3 feet away.  I can control camera, but no motor control.

So ultimately, I believe the AC is fine, the RC needs a new firmware update to control the AC, but because of the errors on 2.8.1 DJI GO, I'm unable to update the RC firmware.
2016-5-14
Use props
luiz.lafosse
New

France

ryan_prouty Posted at 2016-5-14 19:24
I'm having similar issues.

Just bought a P3A yesterday, used.  Worked fine.  Noticed only 1080 sett ...

ryan, had the same issue and I managed to obtain the RC firmware version using an android phone (from a buddy) given that my iPhone would indicate "unknown version". it informed me that the RC was only on 1.2.6 which is a version which does not support updates through the DJI GO app (and therefore which may explain some issues with the app as a whole and impossibility to update it to the latest).
I also tried to "Manually" update the fw using SD, USB and cable with no success (http://forum.dji.com/thread-52599-1-1.html)
can you try to check if you have the same "old" fw version as mine? this may explain the overall issue many users are experiencing
2016-5-14
Use props
mikeburgess23.m
New

Having the same problem gps signal lost dji sort it out and get a fix update out asap
2016-5-14
Use props
stevescoins
New

United Kingdom

I also, DJI Please send out another update.
2016-5-15
Use props
overheadaerial
lvl.2
Canada

I fixed mine is a way you shouldn't try... (or at your own risk).

So I pulled a rookie mistake and inserted the micro SD card into the drone not realizing I had the bin file on it and quickly pulled it out which caused the drone to go into what appeared to be a bricked mode. I would start up the drone and it would just have a single loud obnoxious beep and no lights. After some research on now how to fix that issue it seemed to solve all my issues.

I reformatted the card and put a fresh most up to date firmware (bin file) onto the card and put it into the drone. Now the noise was so loud that I put it in the car and left it on with the card in it for about 15mins. After coming back to the car the drones lights were on and it was beeping as if it completed the update. Checked the txt file and it said success and then started up my remote. No more RC signal lost and everything up to date.

Do I recommend doing this method... No, but I carelessly ran into this issue and then it worked in my favour in the end.

Hopefully DJI just comes up with an update to the issue.
2016-5-15
Use props
robvelez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem and was able to resolve it. First, a little background on my setup and update process...

I have a P3 Adv (P3A) using an iPad Mini 2. I updated the aircraft first with v1.8.80. iPad in my home had the latest DJI Go app. When I started the app, it did not show any necessary updates and so when I connected it to the aircraft, it displayed the RC signal lost message. When I went back to the main screen and held down the Academy button for more than 10 seconds, it did not show the RC version even though I was connected to my wifi network. Luckily I have my iPhone 6S which has the DJI Go app and did the same process, only this time when I held the Academy button for more than 10 secs, it showed the RC version as 1.5.8. I was able to "downgrade" and update it, then after doing that it repeating this process, I was able to update to v1.6.0. Now I do not see the RC signal lost message.

So for those reading this and getting this same result, if you have access to a different device/tablet, I would suggest trying it and hope the controller is detected so that you can update your RC firmware version.
2016-5-16
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

robvelez@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-16 08:42
I had this problem and was able to resolve it. First, a little background on my setup and update pro ...

WOW this seems to be a lot of experimenting but if it works I will try it tonight!  Thanks in advance.
2016-5-16
Use props
Drexx3
lvl.1

United States

I was experiencing all of the Same issues as everyone else here. i only have Apple devices so unthought I'd try an Android tablet (after reading comments on this board). I went to BestBuy and purchased an inexpensive "Acer Iconia One 8" tablet and hooked it up. Still experienced many of the same issues sadly. The only way I could get the app to register that it was connected to the AC was to unplug/replug the USB cable when everything was active. at one point it showed my RC at 1.5.70 and an available 1.5.80 firmware but noting would update. I rebooted everything and then lost the ability to detect the firmware version again. The overall status would also say that "The firmware is of the latest version".

I left everything on and walked away to go take care of something and when I returned to my surprise there was a firmware update notice for the RC to 1.6.00. I did the update then rebooted the RC and once it rebooted everything the RC suddenly showed "Safe to Fly" in green, I could arm the motors, everything was working!

An issue I still have is that my iPad Mini 2 (Retina display) cannot connect to the AC. Ironically it is dedicated to the task and the only one that won't connect.

So I see it as two issues folks are experiencing.

1) Some apple devices unable to connect to the RC

and

2) a botched firmware update

I was able to resolve the firmware issue but no joy getting the iPad to connect yet.
2016-5-16
Use props
ryan_prouty
New

United States

Plugging in to an Android device fixed. I CAN FLY NOW!!!

Mine works with my iPad Retina now, since the updates via Android, but the iOS app does still have some bugs.

Still no firmware showing in App for RC or AC, and nothing in "overall status" portion of app, but not too worried - figure this will be fixed shortly via iOS app.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

peter@klikkerde Posted at 2016-5-13 06:02
Same problem here, In the academy button menu , I get :

Product: GL300 RC

Try this RC combination to attempt a reset:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off.
- Press and hold C1, C2, and Shutter on the controller, which will generate an audio queue, then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
- When you turn the RC back on, you should be able to see the current RC information in the About section of the Camera View and be able to hold the Academy button to attempt a downgrade if necessary.

Please note that it could potentially reset the connection between your aircraft and RC, so you may need to link the two together again after performing this combination.
2016-5-16
Use props
lugomaidem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173547 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 02:08
Try this RC combination to attempt a reset:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off. ...

I tried the Android route and now there are even more issues to add to the confusion. It seems not to allow for me to connect to the camera at all when I set it to Phantom 3 Professional. So in other words, it doesn't work.
2016-5-17
Use props
lugomaidem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173547 ft
  • >>>

Same topic here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-help.78167/
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

lugomaidem@gmai Posted at 2016-5-18 11:48
I tried the Android route and now there are even more issues to add to the confusion. It seems not ...

If you are still attempting to use an Android device, have you checked your USB Settings to ensure USB Debugging is enabled? If you want to reattempt connection to your iOS, please ensure that your operating system has been updated to 9.3.2, as it has been helping with this connectivity/communication issue with the latest GO App

DJI Ken also has a thread regarding connections issues for both iOS and Android.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52174-1-1.html
2016-5-18
Use props
andrew
New
United States

I was having this same issue, I hadn't flown in awhile, app said it needed to update, after doing so screen said RC Signal Lost. I downloaded the latest Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.8.80, put it on the micro sd card and it seemed to fix things.

I had a pretty bad lag before, almost unusable, now the lag it about 1 sec, although it is a little choppy at times and seems to speed up and slow down.

I'm using a nexus 7 android tablet that has worked well in the past, seems like though it's always something each time I think, hey Ill just take the phantom out real quick and fly.. not always the case..
2016-5-18
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

There is a nice little app to increase the dbi of the controller and Phantom 3 standard or WIFI 4K to 27 dbi, you can find it there >>
http://jogjasky.com/magic/
There is a tutorial also it's quite simple.. Cheers ..
Use at your own risk .. It worked for me .. I think its more oriented for EU users who have more restrictive FCC limitations ..
2016-10-15
Use props
snefferdy
New

Canada

I was having this problem too. I fixed it by first downgrading the RC firmware (as described in a post above). Then I downloaded the latest firmware package from the DJI site, and manually installed it on the AC and camera (unzip file, copy bin file to SD card, insert in gimbal, power up and wait for it to finish). After that, I turned off the AC and upgraded the RC firmware again using the app on a phone that had USB debugging enabled (I don't know if that matters). After restarting both devices, they are connecting better than ever!

I think the basic problem may have been that the app was not upgrading the firmware on the AC. It was only updating the RC firmware, and then couldn't connect to the old firmware on the AC.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules