2426 15 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgilliam
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI,

Is the issue with Apple compatability going to be resolved, and if so, when?

Thank you
2015-1-18
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nobody knows, I honestly think dji should provide a battery for those people who can produce a receipt for an iPad over the last two months or so. Thinks it diabolical that they listed it as supported when they didn't follow the right procedures with Apple, I've blow £350 quid on it when I could of bought an android tab
2015-1-18
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apparently up to 7 weeks but I can't see it ever happening to be honest as Apple are very strict on not allowing video through the cable
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Yep your right apple pilot app is dead they wont approve it ever.
Im ordering a android tablet asap..

Just took delivery of a mini 2 Friday and its worthless now..UGH..
Not a happy camper firware update locked up but shows old version still with no uodate reauired..
TXT files read Result success.

UGh.. all went so smooth and the inspire shows ready to fly what am I missing here..

Oh the apple Pilot app..ugh..
2015-1-18
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can transmit video wireless to IOS device with P2 Vision why not using the cable I don't see Apple not allowing it.
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

I stumped too makes no sense most agreed pixal.
2015-1-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

PixelArtFilms Posted at 2015-1-19 03:13
If you can transmit video wireless to IOS device with P2 Vision why not using the cable I don't see  ...

Video over wifi is allowed, video over lightning (usb) is not. Video Over Lightning is what makes lightbridge so much better than the P2V+.

Perhaps what DJI should have done is provide low quality video (and limited features) to the iOS users, and full functionality to android users. Then the people wanting to use iOS could just scream at Apple to allow video over lightning.

Myself, I might just sell my iPad air, as much as that sucks.... I do hope it gets sorted somehow though
2015-1-18
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-1-19 02:42
Nobody knows, I honestly think dji should provide a battery for those people who can produce a recei ...

You still CAN run the DJI Pilot app on your iPad...:
http://youtu.be/uWTMO4SLW-s?t=6s

2015-1-18
Use props
noelle1000
lvl.2

United States

I flew 3 sorties with my iPad mini 2 with 9.2. The bird flew rock solid. No issues. I'm keeping my iPads.
2015-1-18
Use props
ebwelder
lvl.1

United States

Same here I just got back flew great.
2015-1-18
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-1-19 02:43
Apparently up to 7 weeks but I can't see it ever happening to be honest as Apple are very strict on  ...

From DJI today: "Currently we are in the holding phase as we wait on Apple to approve and add the iOS app to their App store. Sorry for the confusion as we were previously hosting the app via our adhoc link, but Apple removed that as soon as it moved into the process. Please hold tight as it is in Apple's hands now and on their timeframe of 1-2 weeks to become available and officially hosted. Sorry for the delay. DJI Pro Support, DJI Technology, LLC, 6424 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038"
2015-1-20
Use props
gregg.email
lvl.2

Netherlands

jessecarllane Posted at 2015-1-20 21:18
From DJI today: "Currently we are in the holding phase as we wait on Apple to approve and add the  ...

Thanks for sharing the update from DJI.
2015-1-20
Use props
ausidcstaff.ema
lvl.2

United States

From what I have heard from a buddy who is an app developer Video via USB is a big no go with Apple at this time and he highly doubts that Apple will approve the app. DJI's developers had to know this as well. At least their is a precedent that is on the App store now. , but it was bad design and implementation if DJI knew about the limitation. I guess time will tell I'm still in my window to return my Air 2 for another couple of weeks. If their isn't any movement by then Android here I come. This Inspire 1 release reminds me of Windows Me. ;-) It will be interested to see what happens if the APP is never approved. Will DJI even make an official statement?  I doubt it they will just remove any mention of it on their website and documentation and go on their way.
2015-1-20
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

There are other apps hat have been allowed it, they are just selective on what they allow.

I got confirmation from DJI support yesterday that the app is coming, it's just a delay. They assured me my iPad Air 2 was not a waste of money!
2015-1-20
Use props
james6161
New

United States

The Colonel Posted at 2015-1-19 02:50
Yep your right apple pilot app is dead they wont approve it ever.
Im ordering a android tablet asap ...

Geez another know it all attitude that will be wrong in the end.
2015-1-20
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am now running on a Nexus 7 II and it is not nearly as smooth as my iPad Air 2, but it's smooth enough... fits in the case... and is cheap. So I likely will keep using it even after Apple approves the app (if they ever do) and use my iPhone as a backup.
2015-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules