Have You Lost your phantom - Auckland - New Zealand
1125 7 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Electronics
New

New Zealand

Greeting all from New Zealand

If there is a DJI owner here from Titirangi, Auckland, New Zealand who has lost their phantom, if so please contact newsdesk@nzherald.co.nz

Here is a link to the story as it appeared in the online papers this morning. Auckland's mystery drone found crashed in weeds

Hope this helps you get your phantom back.

Ian - NZWholesale

2015-1-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks for making an effort, the community appreciates it
2015-1-18
Use props
Mr Electronics
New

New Zealand

My pleasure to help all here. Lot of dollars to lose and it was great of the finder to ask the national paper report on his findings so the owner maybe can recover his phantom.
2015-1-18
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

It is a good idea to put your name, phone number and Reward Offered on it.
2015-1-18
Use props
Mr Electronics
New

New Zealand

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-19 04:32
It is a good idea to put your name, phone number and Reward Offered on it.

Yes my thoughts exactly. Must be waterproof labels that one can buy so one can put their contact details on the drone so if this happens the finder knows how to contact the owner.

A thought for DJI is to have some way to track the drone should this happen.  I am not an owner of any of DJI products but would love to be, just a very interested bystander.
2015-1-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i put a sticker on mine with 'reward and number' also.  id defn pay a reward, and if someone came here and tried to find me on their own initiative, id pay an even bigger reward, and they would deserve it b/c thats a real stand-up thing to do.   
2015-1-18
Use props
Mr Electronics
New

New Zealand

Aw - that is great of you but all I am trying to do is reunite the owner and the drone and no reward is necessary for me. Know by reading the forums how much time, effort and finances people put into these items.

NZHerald also need a pat on the shoulder for printing the story as it is not really news in my eyes as well does the finder for making the effort to do something about contacting the owner. I am just a third cog in the wheel so to speak.

Have also sent an email to DJI asking them to help as I do not beleive their would be many purchases of their drones in NZ. Simple enough to look through any purchase that came from Auckland, NZ and contact every owner via email to see if they lost their drone and point them in the same direction as I have.

2015-1-18
Use props
Mr Electronics
New

New Zealand

As at this afternoon the owner of the phantom has been found: Owner of Auckland's mystery drone comes forward

The man, who did not want to be named, said he lost the drone after taking some aerial shots for a real estate company three months ago.

Great result, thanks for any help you may have given.
2015-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules