A suggestion box?
679 6 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lee2ir110
lvl.2
United States

Is there a place here on the forum or an email to send suggestions?

The other day I went for a flying lesson and the instructor was showing us how to calibrate the compass. The only problem is: you have to be able to see the screen in order to know the calibration took, or to move on to the next step. How about a tone or beep pattern from the drone that says it's done?

2016-5-13
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft
United States

I haven't calibrated in a long time but I believe the lights on the phantom change with successfull completion of each calibration step
2016-5-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

On the Phantom 2 3 and 4 the lights on the Phantom tell you when you reach each stage of the compass calibration.
Its all in the manuals
2016-5-13
Use props
lee2ir110
lvl.2
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-13 11:10
On the Phantom 2 3 and 4 the lights on the Phantom tell you when you reach each stage of the compass ...

Thanks. I'll search the manual. Called me old fashioned, but I still prefer a printed manual. Reckon I'll have to download it to my iPad so I have it with me.

Thanks.

(PS still would like it to beep, especially in bright sunlight!)
2016-5-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Its always handy to have the pdf manual, I have the 2 Vision + and the manual can be downloaded to the app, I assume the Go app for the 3 and 4 also has this feature ?
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I think this video is more intuitive:
2016-5-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

You don't need the RC or the screen to calibrate compass, in fact I start the calibration process on the app and then leave the RC by the car and walk about 25 feet to my p3 in middle of a field and use the arm led to calibrate the compass
2016-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules