Phantom 3 Advanced "no signal"
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j_schekman
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I think I've seen this problem pop up for others but wanted to make my own thread so that hopefully DJI responds.

Purchased Phantom 3 Advanced in September 2015. Didn't update any firmware or anything except for the app and my iPhone iOS (i.e. latest app and iOS). Drone worked fine 3 weeks ago but took it out yesterday to fly it around and I got the "no signal" error. The RC connected to the phone, and to the drone but there was no image from the camera. It seemed to fly ok and I could control the gimbal.

Tried to fix the problem by updating the RC as the app kept telling me the drone and the RC needed an update. The update seemed to be successful, but the "no signal" issue still persisted and now I wasn't able to control the drone at all.

Took it home to troubleshoot. Tried to update the drone to the latest firmware with a clean microsd and the latest firmware....did not work (tried all the firmware version and just could not get it to even try and download the firmware). Tried to check the RC for its firmware...the secret menu reports that it can't find the firmware version and there is no way to downgrade. Tried reinstalling the app, relinking the RC, hard booting the drone, etc. nothing worked.

Guess I'll be calling DJI on Monday but this is most frustrating...everything was working just fine a few weeks ago. This is EXACTLY the reason I never update firmware when things are working ok, but the whole "no signal" issue drove me down this path.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jan

2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jan, could you post the hidden upgrade log here? It can be found by this method:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-5-15
Use props
joakim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149078 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem se my earlier post.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=302785
2016-5-15
Use props
j_schekman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-16 01:17
Hello Jan, could you post the hidden upgrade log here? It can be found by this method:
1. Enable the ...

Ok, some more details as I've been troubleshooting.

- I don't have a log file in the log folder. I've reformatted my microSD cards like 20 times trying to get my aircraft to update.
- I updated my RC to 1.6, obviously lost signal with my aircraft which is all the way back at 1.1.9+.
- I downgraded my RC back to 1.5.8 and have control of my drone again, however, I still have "no signal"
- I've confirmed I can actually take photos with the camera, however, I just have no image transmission.
- I can't for the life of me update my aircraft to 1.08.0080
- App is iOS 2.8.1 iOS version is 9.3.1

I'm confused...
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

j_schekman Posted at 2016-5-19 12:35
Ok, some more details as I've been troubleshooting.

- I don't have a log file in the log folder.  ...

When you extract the correct firmware to the card's root directory and upgrade the drone, no matter what the result is , the log file (.txt) should be generated. Do you try to use other sd card? Is the firmware correct?
2016-5-18
Use props
j_schekman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-19 01:11
When you extract the correct firmware to the card's root directory and upgrade the drone, no matte ...

I've tried 3 microSD cards and the aircraft doesn't react to the firmware (i.e. it sits there and does nothing except waiting for the RC to link to it). I've also tried the 3 different firmwares on the DJI site (1.3.2, 1.7.006, 1.8.8). I've tried each microSD card with each firmware. Nothing happens. There's no generated text file as the aircraft doesn't even react to the .bin file that's been placed in the root of the microSD. I've reformatted the cards with my computer, with the aircraft, etc. The gimbal never makes any of the correct noises to indicate it is trying to upgrade.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

j_schekman Posted at 2016-5-20 08:07
I've tried 3 microSD cards and the aircraft doesn't react to the firmware (i.e. it sits there and  ...

Thanks for your feedback,Jan.But sorry to say that the mainboard in the gimbal doesn't in good status according to your description. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our North America service center and send the drone back for diagnosis. 北美地址.JPG
2016-5-19
Use props
climberdunning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847 ft
United States

So I think I solved the problem. I believe that it is a sequencing issue. By that, I mean the order that I start up the drone as described by dji. Before, I was starting the controller and then the drone while the phone was plugged into the controller and the above was happeneing. However, when I started them in the order recommended by dji, (1)power on ac, (2)power on rc, (3)open dji go  app and select P3A, (4)plug device into rc; I don't have "No Signal" warning and have the video feed.
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules