No App for iOS
1357 5 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Receiving my new Inspire was sent a link to download the app.  Clicked on the link only to have it error out.

Got online and did chat with DJI.  Guess what?  There is no app for Apple iOS after last firmware update!?  Seriously?

The tech indicated I could buy Android or Windows based devices.  I couldn't believe what he / she wrote.

Apparently after new firmware released, the app for iOS has yet to be approved by Apple.  Ok.  When do they expect that?  Could they possibly not put out a firmware update that leaves some of us unalbe to fly the inspire?  Could they possibly let the firmware get updated when the app is also approved?

I asked when this would happen.  The answer was "In Time."  My concern about being told to buy new hardware was unsettling.  Is this the future trend for DJI?

I came across another thread that an ipad app was moved and a download link was posted with it.  I tried it and that is already unavailable.  

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions for me?
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes. Visit some of the Inspire groups on Facebook and you might just 'stumble' upon the 0.9.2 version of the app. I know I just did ;)

It's not perfect, I wish it came from DJI, but given current circumstances (having an iPad and no app), and factors that may be beyond DJI's control at the moment (I'm guessing, based on feedback from iOS developers I know about Apple's MFI process), something is better than nothing
2015-1-19
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Thanks,

I found another blog.  One link worked, the other did not.  They may be closing off some of the other download sites.  I think the hard part was the non committal answer and a suggestion to buy new hardware.
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Officially, I can't imagine what else they could tell us. Like everyone else, I'm hoping this gets resolved soon. In the meantime, 0.9.2 seems to work fine on 0.16 firmware, so I'm going to spend more time flying and getting the shots I bought this bird for
2015-1-19
Use props
driving.email
lvl.4

Australia

It'll be back one day

2015-1-19
Use props
driving.email
lvl.4

Australia

2015-1-19