Phantom wants to fly up by itself
746 3 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viper46664.emai
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
I recently posted a thread on my phantom 2 not taking off.  It would just tip over.  Well i found out that I had a bad motor.  I replaced the motor and problem is solved.  However, it seems to fly very unstable now.  I have great GPS signal and everything seems ok.  I calibrated the IMU and RC as I thought that was the issue before with the take off problem.  When I go up in GPS mode it drifts away and sometime starts to accelerate up and I need to bring it back down with the controller.  Anybody have any ideas.  Also, I checked my compass setting in the assistant and the X Y Z numbers all look good.  Please help.
2015-1-19
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Is the motor the exact same model as the other three?

Did you change the gain settings?  Whether you did or not, you might check your gain settings in the Phantom Assistant software.  I would probably do a screen grab and save it, or write them down, then click on default to see if they change.

You could also do a web and/or forum search for them for your particular model/configuration.
2015-1-19
Use props
viper46664.emai
lvl.1

United States

So I figured it out.  After tipping over a few times the props were scratched up on 2 blades.  I didn't think it was a big deal.  For the hell of it I put on 4 new blades.  Wouldn't you know it, the problem was fixed.  Kind of embarrassed, but hopefully someone else will not make this mistake.  Thanks for your help!
2015-1-19
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Good deal.  Always nice when it's something simple.
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules