Phantom 3 'Disconnected' - flies fine?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMatix
lvl.1

South Africa

Help please! I bought another Phantom 3 recently (advanced, this time) as an addition to my growing drone fleet. I updated the firmware on the unit the moment I took it out of the box (including both batteries and the RC unit). However, whenever I connect to the drone in the DJI Go App and enter camera mode, it says 'Disconnected' in the top left corner. After calibrating the compass and waiting for satellite lock, however, the unit flies 100% - no problems. The camera view is perfect, the home point is updated, and everything is fine - except it still says 'disconnected'.

I've tried various devices - my own iPhone 6 Plus, iPod Touch and an iPad Air - and it says disconnected on all of them. So I know the problem is on the Phantom's side. Is it possible to redeploy the same firmware? Maybe that'd fix the problem?

Actually, it isn't much of a problem - it just bugs me
2016-5-23
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can force a P3 firmware reinstall by starting the aircraft with the RC Link button depressed. Of course you must have the firmware staged on the SD Card, and start only the aircraft. The video, courtesy of Sploodge shows how:

Before attempting a re-install, you may want to review the hidden upgrade logs to ensure all componnts were successfully upgraded. Donnie has an excellent post detailing the procedures for eviewing thesedetailed hidde logs on the SD Card:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

2016-5-23
Use props
SkyMatix
lvl.1

South Africa

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-24 00:15
You can force a P3 firmware reinstall by starting the aircraft with the RC Link button depressed. Of ...

Thanks Terry - excellent answer. I'll start tracking down the problem, and then re-install the FW if needed.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello SkyMatix, if it is convenient, please post some screenshots here.Thank you.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules