Firmware...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sirstones
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So the sun is shining and the wind has dropped, I dusted down the P3P last night and low and behild it needed updating. The aircraft, the RC and the Battery. The last update was done when I updated to the V1.4.2 (i think it was) it looks like there have been two new updates since.

So I downloaded (via my Mac and on to the SD card, via a microreader located directly into the Mac, not a multicard reader) the lastest update. Watched the new short video on line (there are now two, both subtly different) and followed to the letter. After 37 minutes the small red LED was solid RED but the PPPP-PPPP was sounding correct. The whole kit was getting very hot so I turned it off and checked the status of the download, FAIL...
Twice more, I tried the same approach. Same result, FAIL.
Should I be updating the Firmware in order of release, or can you skip an update?
One video says ignore the little LED, one says keep your eye on it ?
Why does it appear to be taking so long, one firmware update clip suggests no more than 25 mins and the other half an hour...?

I now clearly need to let the P3P go though its reboot/reset mode but it does not appear to be doing anything when left to its own devises... with or without the SD card in place.

Any advice would be good now, as Ive wasted a considerable amount of my life over the last 24 hours trying to fathom out what it going wrong.

Cheers in advance for any helpful comments x

2016-5-25
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

Use DJI Go to update firmware.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now