Litchi RTH question
2855 17 2016-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dick nixon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206401 ft
United States

I ran my first waypoint mission with the Litchi app yesterday.  I setup about 5 waypoints in my backyard and left the default of return to home for the end of mission.  My last waypoint was close to my home point (about 30 feet).  When the mission completed, the phantom (advanced) started to land at the last way point (over a shrub) rather than go back to the home point.  I assume the issue here was that the RTH kicked in too close to the home point.  Trying to control the aircraft when in the RTH mode is difficult.  The joystick controls seemed like they sort of worked, but the aircraft would not go back up.  
What action should I be taking at this point to regain full control of the aircraft?  Would of turning the flight mode to "P" given me full control (it was in "F" mode)?

2016-5-27
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

Change from F to P, then you gonna have full control
2016-5-27
Use props
dick nixon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206401 ft
United States

Beto NYC Posted at 2016-5-27 16:01

Thanks.     
2016-5-27
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The real reason is that when the drone is only 30 feet from home point it does NOT travel to home point but lands immediately in ANY software: DJI GO, Litchi, Autopilot etc....
2016-5-27
Use props
PinkBlue
lvl.1

Thailand

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-28 04:24
The real reason is that when the drone is only 30 feet from home point it does NOT travel to home po ...

Good thing to remember. Sometime we played close the the edge of the river or the fence and thought RTH will slightly come back to the Home Point, but it's not.
2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So even in waypoints that's the case? i will just NEVER get quite used to it.. Just imagine, your kid is at the neighbors' house playing with their kids.. you yell: Come home! Time for dinner! 5 min later you check and find  your kid sitting at the other house table eating dinner....?
SCORE! ;)
or is it....?
2016-5-27
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-27 21:31
So even in waypoints that's the case? i will just NEVER get quite used to it.. Just imagine, your ki ...

More like you tell your kid to come home for dinner and he eats at the neighbors house.
2016-5-28
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-28 19:18
More like you tell your kid to come home for dinner and he eats at the neighbors house.

I'll then nickname my kid as the Phantom :-D
2016-5-28
Use props
My V. Nguyen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38537 ft

Mr. Nixon:
You have the Lithi RTH issue is because in the Mission settings (picture with a gear) icon, you have accidentally clicked on land, instead of Go Home option under the Finish Action choices.

Mission Settings

Mission Settings
2016-5-28
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I can confirm that RTH that close to home just lands, regardless of the app.

Also note that even if RTH does go to HP, it can be inaccurate by a few feet, so a mission with waypoints that close together can be dicey.

If moving the mode from F to P doesn't totally do the trick, also press the RTH button on the remote (just once).

Chris
2016-5-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-5-28 06:29
I'll then nickname my kid as the Phantom :-D

I got 2, a girl and a boy, perhaps Phan and Tom?
BTW, I edited my post, I used my pronouns wrong.. ;) Fixed now.
2016-5-28
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-29 10:07
I got 2, a girl and a boy, perhaps Phan and Tom?
BTW, I edited my post, I used my pronouns wron ...

No worries there buddy!
2016-5-28
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

There is acrually a thread here about having waypoints getting so close to each other and to the home point causing some problems. I just couldn't remember which thread, when it was posted and what was the details and to which app does it affecting.
2016-5-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I am finding that the search feature on these forums.. well.. leaves just a bit to be desired... doe snot always find keywords from the subject, let alone from the body of the post....
for example, I can search  for DNG JPG and it will NOT find this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 3304&fromuid=277621
2016-5-29
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

The smart move is to always have your P3 just hover at the end of the mission. Then you can use the controller to RTH if you want. You can always tap the button again to cancel RTH (unless your battery is critical). The controller RTH button should work in any app. Haven't tried it during a mission however without first switching to P-mode.
2016-5-29
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Beto NYC Posted at 2016-5-28 04:01

Do you think switching from F to P will cancel RTH?
I don't think it will.
2016-5-29
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-5-29 19:58
Do you think switching from F to P will cancel RTH?
I don't think it will.

I am not sure but maybe not. It will cancel the mission but probably not the RTH.
2016-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Beto NYC Posted at 2016-5-31 08:50
I am not sure but maybe not. It will cancel the mission but probably not the RTH.

I would expect F to P to abort the mission perhaps, but not cancel RTH...  Now, if RTH is part of the mission, no clue how that works.... Not to mention it's Litchi, and not GO, so everything may work differently...
I am still contemplating getting Litchi only in order to play with "tracking" using the camera... But I sure like to read all the things discussed, just so when I am going to make the jump, I will be aware of more than I am aware of now.....
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules