Fixed or replaced?
760 7 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

I've been contacting support all day for this answer and no one can answer. I sent my drone in due to a propeller malfunction causing it to crash.
See here for pictures and details: http://forum.dji.com/thread-52669-1-1.html
The drone was received last Friday, and was shown as free of charge later that day. My question is will I get a new replacement drone, or will mine be fixed?
According to a lady over the phone she thinks mine has already been fixed...If you go look through my pictures, I do not see the likelyness of it being fixed that easily. It was so damaged it wouldn't fit back into the case nor would the gimbal clip snap back on.-ALL motors damaged
-Shell damaged
-3 lights missing
-2 speakers broke
-prop mounts broken
-Landing arms broke
-gimbal broken and out of place
-more than likely camera damage
-Possible board damage considering the height and impact of the fall.
This is way too much to be consider fixable in my opinion. I don't want to get back a drone that doesn't fly or operate properly due to a propeller malfunction. I've seen MULTIPLE storys of people getting their fixed drone back and it will still have problems. I don't want to be one of those cases.
Since this was covered under warrenty, I would like a new replacement rather than a refurbishing considering I know it will still have underlying problems. Out of all the damage on the craft, you're basically having to replace the WHOLE drone. So the likely of it being fixed in one day, when others wait months makes no sense. I would just like some insight from a DJI rep on this. I also sent in pictures of my damaged battery along with P/N to also be replaced. Once again, no solid answer on that either.

2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your RMA number, so I could look into it for you?
2016-5-31
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-31 15:29
Could you please provide your RMA number, so I could look into it for you?

Sure thing, thank you!
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-1 04:30
Sure thing, thank you!

From what I can see, you will be receiving a replacement unit. You won't need to worry about any outstanding issues. You should be back in the air in no time.
2016-5-31
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-31 15:45
From what I can see, you will be receiving a replacement unit. You won't need to worry about any o ...

Replacement meaning refurbished or new? Also how about the battery? Thanks for a response and direct answer.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-1 04:51
Replacement meaning refurbished or new? Also how about the battery? Thanks for a response and direc ...

It looks like it will be a new unit and that you will be receiving a replacement battery as well.
2016-5-31
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-31 16:39
It looks like it will be a new unit and that you will be receiving a replacement battery as well.

Okay, thank you for the response!Any clue on ship date?
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-6-1 07:00
Okay, thank you for the response!Any clue on ship date?

The unit just went out. You should have received a tracking number from information@dji.com sometime Yesterday.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules