798 7 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the FAA are starting to get serious about safeguarding airports from unwanted Drones
2016-6-2
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Yea, I knew that would be the best approach.  Great, Now people will start calling it a death ray.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So there we are driving past airport and 'Drone' crashes down onto road causing major accident as I suddenly brake to avoid this UFO, couldn't happen, could it ???

Their money would be better spent prosecuting known offenders, if the authorities can prosecute drivers for dangerous driving who post video online, then presumably they could do the same with dangerous flying ???

Food for thought
2016-6-2
Use props
lriley4673
lvl.1

United States

http://www.ainonline.com/aviatio ... one-countermeasures

Here's another article about it
2016-6-2
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I "think" I know how this works.......

1). Federal Beauracracy creates artificial immiment threat.....

2). Gullible and paranoid public totally buys into manufactured "threat"

3). Said government officials seize the moment and, leaving no "crisis to go to waste", offers "solution" to said imminent threat.

4). Government spends tens of millions on suggested "solution" to manufactured "imminent threat".

5). Taxpayer cash flows into the "appropriate" hands and ultimately finds it's way to the designated beneficiaries....all at taxpayer expense, and providing absolutely no benefit...other than to those pulling the wool

2016-6-6
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Maybe some company is going to develop stealth +  visual recognition autonomous flying drone  in the future?

Can you use Litchi with Phantom to set it autonomous flying so this jamming weapon might not work? Or will GPS signal also jammed?

2016-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-7 03:58
Maybe some company is going to develop stealth +  visual recognition autonomous flying drone  in the ...

They're almost 'Stealth' already, what a job to see a P4 @ 500m
2016-6-7
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

If they're worried about cell phone interference on airplanes...imagine what havoc this thing could wreak on aviation instruments.
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules