P3P RC FW upgrade from 1.3.20 to 1.8.80 problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
New

United States

To try to avoid code flaws, I skipped the upgrades between 1.3.2 to 1.8.80 and although the aircraft updated fine- the RC=Zip- Nada. Any suggestions- ?  Do I need to track down 1.4, 1.5 ect? thx

2016-6-4
Use props
JBRead
lvl.1

United States

I had issues as well.  The RC wouldn't update with micro sd card but did prompt me to update inside the app over the web.  Did not have to use any hardware to update just clicked on screen inside of app.
2016-6-4
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you trying to upgrade the RC? After 1.3.20, DJI does not include the RC firmware within the aircraft firmware package.  You should be using the DJI GO App to upgrade the RC. The mobile device needs internet connectivity and should prompt you for RC firmware upgrade.
C1_FW_Upgrade.png
You click/tap on the > icon and the GO App will download and stage the RC firmware and walk you through the installation.
If the GO App doesn't alert you, then you can open the RC Firmware page in he GO App. You press the "Graduation Cap" (Academy) icon in the upper right of the camera connect page for 10 seconds, and the RC firmware page will appear.
See this video for more details:

2016-6-4
Use props
michael
New

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-4 09:11
How are you trying to upgrade the RC? After 1.3.20, DJI does not include the RC firmware within the  ...

Its a beautiful thing. thank you!!
2016-6-4
Use props
rschiehl
lvl.1
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-4 11:11
How are you trying to upgrade the RC? After 1.3.20, DJI does not include the RC firmware within the  ...

I've had my P3 Pro on the shelf for many months.  Updated the craft and the batteries today.  The RC is not accepting the update and when using the GO app, it tells me the RC is not compatible with the latest update and I need to install v1.3.20 to be able to update.  However, that version is no longer on the site.  I am sure that the version on my RC is even older than that.  Any help please?  Now the craft won't fly and tells me that my RC is not compatible.
2016-6-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

rschiehl@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-15 01:46
I've had my P3 Pro on the shelf for many months.  Updated the craft and the batteries today.  The  ...

They do seem to have removed it -> mistake for those needing to update!

So here it is.... click in this link to download Phantom 3 PROFESSIONAL firnware v1.3.20
2016-6-14
Use props
rschiehl
lvl.1
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-14 13:23
They do seem to have removed it -> mistake for those needing to update!

So here it is.... click in ...

THANKS Terry!
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules