Brand new Phantom 3 Standard won't stop beeping after firmware up...
12002 18 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sallyee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52648 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I just received my brand new Phantom 3 Standard. Everything was normal, until I got this Firmware Upgrade notification on the app. I proceeded to upgrade with the required steps. The upgrade finished and it prompted me to restart the aircraft and RC. I did that and then the aircraft wouldn't stop the D-D beeps (similar to the ones during upgrade). I got the firmware upgrade notification again on the app, so I proceeded with the upgrade again. It goes to 48% and then says upgrade failed, restart the RC and P3 and try again later.
No matter how much I tried it didn't work. The camera was overheating during all of this process, which really worried me.

I tried to format the SD card from the camera app, and reinstalled the DJI go app on my phone. Now what I get after turning the P3 on is very very loud beeping that wouldn't stop. I can enter the camera mode and everything seems normal, but the loud beeps would not stop. What should I do? This is very frustrating with a brand new purchased product!!! I am extremely dissatisfied.

Looking forward to someone's help,
Sally
2016-6-4
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

I have a P3P and it did it with mine as well, after the wife looked at me with a what the hell is that look, I put it in the garage and closed the door. It stopped after about 25 minutes and everything was fine. Good luck, I know it's annoying but you're not the only one this is happening with.  It only happened the one time with mine, hang in there, you're going to love flying this thing......dp
2016-6-4
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dbensonp Posted at 2016-6-4 18:08
I have a P3P and it did it with mine as well, after the wife looked at me with a what the hell is th ...

Thank you so much for replying. So should I just switch the P3, RC, and everything on and let it beep until it stops? But does that fix the problem? I am sure I didn't do anything to break it. Every step I took was with careful research and following all the instructions on the manual and the app. But still bad luck!
2016-6-4
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

sallyee Posted at 2016-6-4 12:18
Thank you so much for replying. So should I just switch the P3, RC, and everything on and let it b ...

That's what I did and everything was fine. I had stopped it the first couple of times it did it and re-did everything, then gave up and just let it run it's course.  I know it doesn't sound normal and that's the only time I have ever heard it beep that loud and the only time it had done it on an upgrade.  I could actually hear it beeping in the garage with all the doors closed....lol   Best of luck!
2016-6-4
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Leave the aircraft on not the remote and leave it till it stops. Make sure battery is charged before you do this.
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I left the RC and P3S on with the loud beeping for 40 minutes. Nothing changed. Still beeping very loud, the lights are all off, and the camera is hot to the touch. What shall I do? Is this hinting that the unit is faulty?
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I left only the P3S on this time without the RC for 40 minutes now and it's still beeping very loud. Please help. Should I perform the firmware upgrade again? The app still prompts me to do so. Please help.
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? If not I'm returning this unit. Never ever had such a terrible experience with any piece of technology I purchased in my life. What a bizarre and confusing device and what an awful customer service with no one to help you on weekends.
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

OK... and we are back again. I switched everything off. Then switched everything on in order, with the app open; endured the beeping and sat by it and proceeded with another firmware upgrade from the app. About halfway through the upgrade the loud beeping stopped, and the D-D quiet beeps of upgrading started. The lights were all back on and everything went back to normal. This time the firmware upgrade succeeded. I restarted the RC and P3S and voila! Seems like there is a different recipe/remedy to each problem. Good luck to those encountering similar problems.
2016-6-5
Use props
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United States

Had the same problem, almost thru the drone out of my window I was so pissed, I finally was able to upgrade the firmware and the beeping stopped.
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Funny, mine never beeped at all
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

amelia.bolli01 Posted at 2016-6-5 15:44
Funny, mine never beeped at all

Hopefully it never will. It is the beep of hell! Luckily enough I have access to a professional recording studio where I did all this.
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ZeeKeezer Posted at 2016-6-5 15:36
Had the same problem, almost thru the drone out of my window I was so pissed, I finally was able to  ...

Yeah it was a very loud beep. I did all this in a professional recording studio, where I wouldn't annoy anyone, and wore ear defenders to bear to sit through the upgrade.
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

BTW, did you use your mobile device to update the software? This makes it MUCH easier and quieter
2016-6-5
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

amelia.bolli01 Posted at 2016-6-5 15:54
BTW, did you use your mobile device to update the software? This makes it MUCH easier and quieter

Yeah I have been using my Google Nexus 5 all along.
2016-6-5
Use props
Graceleewk
lvl.1
Singapore

sallyee Posted at 2016-6-5 22:32
OK... and we are back again. I switched everything off. Then switched everything on in order, with t ...

Hi, I have the beeping problem as well. Do you mean that i have to wait till they prompt me to update my firm ware again? is there some where I can click to to choose to update my firm ware? The beeping sound is really irritating me :/
2016-11-24
Use props
SnowChain
New
Flight distance : 4065 ft
United States

I power off the drone when it was upgrading accidently.

Just had the same problem. And solved it by just letting it beeped very very loudly for about 7 minutes. Then, everything went back to normal upgrading process. 3 minutes later, upgraded successfully. I can fly it again. I could not understand why DJI designed the software like this!

If you are googling the solution of loud beep sound after upgrade failed, hope this can help you.
2017-7-31
Use props
SnowChain
New
Flight distance : 4065 ft
United States

Graceleewk Posted at 2016-11-24 10:44
Hi, I have the beeping problem as well. Do you mean that i have to wait till they prompt me to update my firm ware again? is there some where I can click to to choose to update my firm ware? The beeping sound is really irritating me :/

Not sure if you have solved it or throw it away. I had same problem, just keep waiting and you can do nothing. You can check out my another reply below.
2017-7-31
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

BTW, the camera will get hot.  Thant's normal.  It is keep cool by flying it through the air.  Sitting on the table or ground powered up for long periods of time will allow the camera to get very hot.  If you have to do that, put a fan on it to get some air flow.  Normally 10 to 15 minutes is not bad.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules