Recommendation for mobile device with bright screen.
1295 9 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cliffb
lvl.2
United States

[size=14.6667px]Morning Folks, I'm using an Asus MemoPad 7 with my P3A. It works fine but even with a sun shade it is very difficult to see. I'm thinking of getting another device and dedicate it to the P3A. I want to stay with an Android device of 7-8" with the brightest screen possible.

[size=14.6667px]Any recommendations?
2016-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Using an iPad Air2 64gb Cellular here. It's a workhorse, but the screen glare can sometimes be frustrating.
I am strongly considering buying a piece of Ghost Armor film. Protects the screen, and helps with that reflective blinding sun.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-13
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hello Cliff, even the ipad pro users are having trouble to see in direct sunlight. So I guess its better off to get an anti-glare film just like what RHP just mentioned and try it on your current device. If it look better then you've just saved a lot of dollars. Better to get one or two more extra batteries
2016-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Anything with matte finish, should dissolve the glare issue, and give you back a clean-clear screen to see the flight and app parameters.
http://www.ghost-armor.com

RedHotPoker
2016-6-13
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha cliff,

You want the nVidia Shield K1.  It is amazing and an Android device.  It has a shiny screen, but you can still see the display quite well.  If the shine should still be too much, you can get an anti-glare screen protector relatively cheap.  Almost everyone who has one on this Forum really likes theirs.  Best part is it is only $200 on Amazon.  

I recommended one for my friend and we are still friends!  Really, it is inexpensive, but not cheap.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-14
Use props
Dig The Falls
lvl.1

United States

I grabbed a Samsung 7A the other day. It has an "Outdoor" mode that makes the screen super bright for about 15 minutes, before allowing it to go back to normal when the screen goes to sleep. So far, I have had no issues with communication inside the app or with the tablet.
2016-6-15
Use props
cliffb
lvl.2
United States

I picked up the Shield K1 then added a "Mr. Shield" anti-glare screen protector.  With a home made sun shield it is very usable in mid-day Nevada sunlight.

Thanks!
Cliff
2016-6-27
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi app with $30 dollars VR goggles
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No matter what device you use, in the sunlight you are going to have a glare.
if you want a perfect no glare immersive feeling Hoodman makes one that is known to work great.
http://hoodmanusa.com/
2016-6-27
Use props
braddoll13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42346 ft
United States

I agree with the samsung A7! Only i went A8.. lol.
Great screen i think. And light.  Very important to me,  not to have a heavy tab on your controller.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules