video lag getting worse P3A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrismillerjunk
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone have any suggestions, the video is laggin in upwards of 3 seconds from controller input to my screen.  Both DJI go and Litchi.  Litchi had a little when I first tried it but was tolerable, DJI Go was near instant.

I remember the first week filming surfers over half a mile a way and the there was no lag and I could easily frame my shots.  Now it is getting progressivly worse no matter what I do.  Tried a gaxay s5, nvidia shield tablet, LG g3.  Reboot phones before filming, close out extra apps, the tablet does not have its own data so there is nothing else interfering.  Last week I was on my friends boat and at least half a mile from houses so there was no likely signal interference.  2-3 seconds of lag and the drone was only 50 feet away making it nearly impossible to frame a shot in a moving boat.  WTF this is simply unacceptable.  The only variables here have been updates with the DJI go or Litchi app.  Its a piece of electronic equipment, not a 1960's carbeurated engine that run good one day and not the next.  I have turned off caching of the video.  What else is there to try?  I try to give DJI the benefit of the doubt and not go off of crazy internet rumors however after seeing firsthand the firmware update on my P3S completeld screwed up my usable range and then DJI claiming there was no problem despite the fact that many people reported it, I am losing trust in them.  it seems like every update breaks something else.  I wish there was a way to rollback my DJI GO  app to the one about 4 months ago and see if that solves it.  I have no other ideas?
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are using an recommended DJI device and you have a 2-3 second lag and you have nothing running in the background except the DJI GO app then you need to send your aircraft in.
There is no reason whatsoever to have a lag like that.
If you can please get a quick video clip of what you are experiencing that would be great.
iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chris, have you tried to clear the app cache or lower the transmission quality? 降低图传质量.PNG
2016-6-15
Use props
mullens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270902 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 04:51
Hello Chris, have you tried to clear the app cache or lower the transmission quality?

maybe because he doesn't have that option in the app. like we europeans do?
Because i don't have that on my app.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The app has nothing to do with it.
If you have a 2-3 second lag at 50ft then you need to send your aircraft/RC in.
There's no reason at all why happening on your Phantom 3 Advanced. And on your Pnantom 3 Standard, if you get the same kind of results then you need to send that in also.

You can lower the transmission bitrate as Paladin said but honestly, 2-3 seconds then there is something seriously wrong with your aircraft.
And I'm guessing you've already seen the Best Antenna practices video.Please call 818-235-0789 andf they will set you up with an RMA.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mullens Posted at 2016-6-23 04:42
maybe because he doesn't have that option in the app. like we europeans do?
Because i don't have t ...

He does have that option in his app with his P3 Advanced if he is in the US.
If you do some internet searching, you can get it too.
2016-6-22
Use props
mullens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270902 ft
Netherlands

buy a hdmi module that you have to fit in the remote controller, then buy a hdmi pc monitor,
big ass tv or goggle, just as long it has a "hdmi in" on it, and the lag wil be over,
and you stil can use your current device what you use for the app on the side,
and even see the difference yourself, because the lag ain't over on that one.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules