Phantom 3 Standard Camera signal lost
7021 32 2016-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

Hey guys, I recently bought the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and after unboxing and installing the Phantom 3, I opened the DJI App. It said that the drone had to be updated. After the update everything was fine, so I tried to fly with the drone. Everything went well but when I increased the distance from me and my drone the camera signal om my mobile device began to stutter. It turns grey sometimes and has a slow reaction. I can control the drone but it recommends me to return to home. I get this 10-20 times during flying. It's really annoying because im trying to make nice photos or videos, but with this camera signal loss it's hard to capture any.

Here are some things I've tried:

Re-linked the RC.
Newest firmware installed.
Best antenne angle (fixed it a little bit)

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

2016-6-15
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some people loose video signal.. it comes with the new 1.6.80 update, and thee are lot of people out there having the same issue.. if you ask DJI they will say to send the drone back to repair, that is the only thing they say and still there is no clear solution for this.. but we can wait for another fixed firmware upgrade, yesterday came a new firmware for phantom 3 pro, so I hope standard will also get new one very soon, and if it is not going to fix the problem, we all have send i back, including you and me..
2016-6-15
Use props
shayanza
lvl.1

United States

Where are you flying the drone? Are you in an urban area?
2016-6-15
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

shayanza@usc.ed Posted at 2016-6-15 22:01

for me, of course.. i m in country side, with no wifi, signal towers, and electric wires.. with a hole large area, grass is the only thing that has there..  and I have flown in same spot just before firmware upgrading, without any problems.
2016-6-15
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

shayanza@usc.ed Posted at 2016-6-15 18:31

We have a football field in our village and that's where I'm flying at.
2016-6-15
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-15 18:30
Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some pe ...

Do you know how I can downgrade the firmware, and when is the new firmware coming out?
2016-6-15
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

svenvenemaboss@ Posted at 2016-6-15 12:44
Do you know how I can downgrade the firmware, and when is the new firmware coming out?

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello svenvenemaboss, how far can your drone reach before the RC icon turns into grey and RTH activates?
2016-6-15
Use props
jtainio
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 06:14
Hello svenvenemaboss, how far can your drone reach before the RC icon turns into grey and RTH activa ...

I have this same issue and my drone can reach approx. 50-60 meters before rth activates. I have tried literally every tip i could find in these forums. I'm really disappointed the quality of my dji drone.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jtainio Posted at 2016-6-16 14:52
I have this same issue and my drone can reach approx. 50-60 meters before rth activates

Please follow this video to adjust the RC and antenna positions. If it is convenient,you can try to use other RC to test:
2016-6-15
Use props
edu0939
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 07:56
Please follow this video to adjust the RC and antenna positions. If it is convenient,you can try  ...

Stop parenting on this forum and ask your engineers to work on 1.6.8 firmware that ruined our drones Paid £450 for a mown cutter
2016-6-15
Use props
jtainio
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 09:56
Please follow this video to adjust the RC and antenna positions. If it is convenient,you can try  ...

so you are suggesting me to buy one extra RC?as i mentioned, i have tried every tip mentiond in forums
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jtainio Posted at 2016-6-16 17:06
so you are suggesting me to buy one extra RC?as i mentioned, i have tried every tip mentiond in for ...

If you have tried every suggestion, it would be better to get in touch with our EU tech support and send both of your RC and drone to our service center for diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. 联系欧洲.JPG
2016-6-16
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 05:14
Hello svenvenemaboss, how far can your drone reach before the RC icon turns into grey and RTH activa ...

Less than 100 meters
2016-6-16
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 08:56

I have seen that video already...
2016-6-16
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-15 19:56
The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#Firmwar ...

Okay so the newest firmware on the site is v1.6.8 and that's the same version as firmware right now. So should I downgrade it or just do nothing?
2016-6-16
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-16
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-16
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

svenvenemaboss@ Posted at 2016-6-16 07:52
Okay so the newest firmware on the site is v1.6.8 and that's the same version as firmware right no ...

You can try downgrading the firmware and the latest version of the DGI Go app will still work. In your case, you will only be able to downgrade the one previous version.

If you know how to take screen shots on your mobile device while in flight, please do and post them here.

Also, have you tried using windsurfer? An Easy cheap add on to your antenna to help get more range.
2016-6-16
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some people loose video signal.. it comes with the new 1.6.80 update, and thee are lot of people out there having the same issue.. if you ask DJI they will say to send the drone back to repair, that is the only thing they say and still there is no clear solution for this.. but we can wait for another fixed firmware upgrade, yesterday came a new firmware for phantom 3 pro, so I hope standard will also get new one very soon, and if it is not going to fix the problem, we all have send i back, including you and me..
2016-6-16
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

It's a firmware bug. Something happened and you'll need to wait. We all do
2016-6-16
Use props
bconkeroglu
New

Turkey

I have the same problem but mine is in 10-20 meters. And there is no dji support services in my country. Must I really wait for a new firmware update?
?

I wrote this a month ago if you can help I would be happy
2016-6-16
Use props
mesh111
New

Dji, I'm staggered that you don't just admit that you have a problem with your firmware. I have the exact same problem. Rc controls are fine but the video feed drops at around the 40metre mark. Nothing to do with surroundings or placement of antenna but because there is a bug in your code somewhere. Why not open source the code and let the community sort this out??
2016-6-16
Use props
saclint
lvl.1

South Africa

Agreed, so many cases concerning the P3 standard dji sort out the firmware as Well as the dji go app for android users this is really becoming a nightmare for the p3 standard users ,fpv signal drops, jittery birds , freezing app, even if you downgrade firmware on the bird it doesn't downgrade the Rc, so no use in fw downgrade , every one has followed the steps you have provided and prior did not have any issues as stated and still there are at least 100+ cases there are errors in the firmware, sort this out dji, very poor service from you guys on the standard users it's really a joke , I would really love to use the copter and not just look at the thing , windsurfers and range extenders is not going to cut it we want the device to preform as on per spec .......
2016-6-17
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
May I suggest you read post number 13 in your replies and contact Dji online support and reference that post to arrange to send your equipment back to DJI for analysis and repair the above link shows how to contact them using this Dji Go app as I did
I hope you get flying again soon
2016-6-17
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

mesh111 Posted at 2016-6-17 04:12
Dji, I'm staggered that you don't just admit that you have a problem with your firmware. I have the  ...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
May I suggest you contact Dji online support and arrange to send your equipment back to DJI for analysis and repair the above link shows how to contact them using this Dji Go app as I did
I hope you get flying again soon
2016-6-17
Use props
svenvenemaboss
New

Netherlands

saclint Posted at 2016-6-17 10:41
Agreed, so many cases concerning the P3 standard dji sort out the firmware as Well as the dji go app ...

When will there be a new firmware?
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

svenvenemaboss@ Posted at 2016-6-24 23:26
When will there be a new firmware?

If you are experiencing issues and you have done all the troubleshooting steps and are in an interference free area and you have the correct antenna orientation, please contact support and send your aircraft in for repair.
2016-6-24
Use props
braddock.stephe
New

I am having the same issues after the 1.6.8 firmware upgrade. I chatted with a DJI rep. Last night and they were of no help. They will not admit any problems with there firmware update. They won't even say they are working on it. If they don't fix this issue I will never purchase another DJI product again.
2016-7-13
Use props
saclint
lvl.1

South Africa

So still goes on, a full month and no help at all, thank you dji , please refer to my support mails and get the p3s guys answers on updates and support , hundreds of guys can't be stupid , w Ja e tried what you suggested and we can't all send crafts to you when we paid for a working product and support , it's on you to support us and getting things correct , understanding the product is on you not use , it has been mentioned in many posts that there are issues in your last fw update s and we are waiting for support
2016-7-25
Use props
kawing.tsoi
New

Hong Kong

The problem is solved. Please see this post:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-65918-1-1.html
2016-10-9
Use props
Boltman
lvl.1
New Zealand

I am also getting loss of video signal. Se 3 1 week old.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_lIXUJyr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410325 ft
United Kingdom

its the update rollback to prev ver i checked the ver i was about to get online to see if it had issues now in 2017 this is still hapening no more updates for my drone they ground i,ll send it back non working
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules