Excited Newbie
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightsensitivit
lvl.1

Hello Everyone,

Ive been into photography for the past year. I live in New Jersey, but do most of my shooting in Manhattan. I mostly do ariel photography from skyscrappers (none of my ariel photography is done with a drone. They do not match to the quality of a full frame dslr.) The perspective of a birds eye view has taken over my life, and it has been the only type of photography I have been doing (other then the occasional portrait shoot). This type of photography had made me greatly interested in taking it to the next step with video. I do take videos when I am on top of buildings, but I was craving something more cinematic. So I bought a P3S to start learning.

Here is some of my city work:

https://www.instagram.com/lightsensitivity/

Here is a quick edit I made my second time out with the p3. I know I need to work on my panning and editing skills, but I am still learning.

You can view my other edits on my channel. I am going to start doing city edits. I love NJ, and it is great for drone footage, but the city has my heart. Subscribe for more to come. Im going to try to do an edit every week.

I made a seperate Instagram where I'll be posting little edits as well:

https://www.instagram.com/lightsensitivityair/
2016-6-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

I have been doing video for 20 years and photography at the same time, as you atre doing. 5 years ago I decided that there is only one of the two that you can do well, not both at the same time. Because video takes loads of time in post-processing, really days for a short 3 minute movie, in which time you can perfectly edit and process a hundred high quality  stills, I chose photography and abandoned video.
Now, with the Phantom i'm really tempted to do some video again because there are so many things I can do now that I never could before.
I like your video. Still it makes me think of one of the basic rules of video: make your subject move, and hold the camera still. That is a rule that is not absolutely true with a flying camera; of course, because the flyiong always gives you a minimum of movement of the camera. Still I try to prevent as much as possible extra movement, especially sudden short movements.
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PhanFran Posted at 2016-6-16 09:10
I have been doing video for 20 years and photography at the same time, as you atre doing. 5 years ag ...

'Still it makes me think of one of the basic rules of video: make your subject move, and hold the camera still. '

Absolutely true. And a rule that is often forgotten. It is better to hold a still shot and let your subject move into the frame. In particular with these cameras, where you have a limited range of adjustments and slow crank rates, to minimise pans and tilts as much as possible, or at the very least, slow them right down.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Welcome to our forum ,lightsensitivit. Keep going
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules