537 6 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k3nn4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22411 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,

I have been trying my luck to use my ipad mini 1 wifi version with my new phantom 4 but it doesnt seem to work probably as the video transmit is dropping constantly. It works on my iphone 6 plus but not my ipad mini. Any fix?
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Unfortunately the iPad Mini 1's processor is not fast enough to effectively use the DJI Go app. iOS devices with an A7 processor or higher, like the iPad Mini 2/ iPad Air 2 and above, are guaranteed to work with the DJI Go app.
2016-6-16
Use props
k3nn4
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Jamie, thank you for telling me its needed higher and faster processor to run with the phantom 4. however, i would like to find out what is the minimum spec for Android tablet?
2016-6-16
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hello and congrats on the new p4!

You might want a slightly later tablets, those that came to the market late 2014 to late 2015. Any tablets with more that 1GB RAM will do the job. And if you only have 1GB, make sure you don't put much apps there. If the tablet is used solely for flying then it''ll be ever better. Lots of pilots suggested the nvidia K1 Shield. Great price, awesome specs.

Happy flying!
Hans
2016-6-17
Use props
k3nn4
lvl.1
Australia

So.. as long as it has at least 1GB and it will works perfectly? how about only wifi version? or does it need 3g as well?
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

k3nn4 Posted at 2016-6-18 00:54
So.. as long as it has at least 1GB and it will works perfectly? how about only wifi version? or doe ...

You need to use one of the DJI recommended devices.
And you only need cellular if you want o use follow me and to get a live map view when you get to your flying area But that can be done at home by caching the map of your area or better yet to use your phone as a hot spot to load the map when you get to your flying area.

iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-6-17
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

k3nn4 Posted at 2016-6-17 23:54
So.. as long as it has at least 1GB and it will works perfectly? how about only wifi version? or doe ...

1GB is basically enough, as long as you don't have apps that will eat the remaining RAMs left from being used by the android system. Apps that will constantly run on the background, such as messaging and map apps. I find Whatsapp and Waze consume heaps of my remaining memory. Don't forget about your internal memory too, 8 gig or more will help. Wifi only is okay, but you'll need to cache the map of your flight before you fly on to the DJI Go app, with wifi.

It's recommended to follow what Ken has posted, though. Some sort of assurance and build your confidence.
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules