Loss of video and control range
920 4 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philj6970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840663 ft
Australia

I havent been able to fly for just over ten days due to work shifts and weather, so I got my first real test of the latest firmware this morning.

Not too good, I got 980m and no signal, returning home.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 9.24.07 AM.png
I was plenty high enough, in clear line of sight.

I have flown this direction previously and made 2.7km distant with no signal issues at all.The signal was 5 bars and I could easily have gone further.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 9.22.40 AM.png
I had the same antenna orientation and direction (always facing the bird, as much antenna surface as possible).

The only changes between these two missions are the latest DJI Go and firmware update.

Anyone had similar?
Edit: Ipad mini2 in airplane mode both times, no phone in my pocket, away from any wifi signals.
Getting annoying loss of video starting at short range (280m) even though I have updated the DJI Go app.
Control signal dropping out at under 1km.

2016-6-19
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-6-20 09:37
the 1.9 firmware wiped out my video feed on my P3A, after much work I finally got the 1.8 firmware b ...

Dude, just contact DJI support and insist you want it repaired, it takes about two weeks.
2016-6-19
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Most likely it's due to firmware issue, but still it's worth trying different methods first.

Try rolling back to the previous firmware

Do you have an Android device to try? Local friends who also fly so you can borrow the RC and test?

If nothing works, just contact DJI support and they'll repair your drone in their new repair station in Australia.

2016-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try relinking RC to Aircraft, or perhaps a factory reset (in Assistant 2, Blue Button) might make a difference. Or a refresh of the firmware.
2016-6-20
Use props
Philj6970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840663 ft
Australia

Flew today and got 2.2km distance and still had 2-3 bars of control, 1-2 bars video strength.
Maybe it was sunspots yesterday?

My controller had 5 lights for battery but still took an hours charge, maybe it was lower than it was saying?
Still happy with my P4, its one futuristic little machine.
2016-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules