Dear DJI, (from your customers)
1556 12 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.martin.em
lvl.1
United States

Dear DJI,
We are not clear on many things. Some of you post as DJI employees here to random things. We need an overall status, a sticky thread, that you keep updated on key issues. Dealers don't know, we don't know.

1) When is the next firmware release.
2) What is expected in the next firmware
3) When are the next releases of the apps
4) What is expected in these apps
5) Urgent items (prop locks)

If we had proactive communication from you, DJI, we will find support, become more organized. You need to take charge of this forum and our key and core issues as to why hundreds of us are grounded or nervous to fly. I urge you to keep proactive communication coming at the very least on these above items.

Can I get a +1 from every member. Let's get this done DJI. Inspire is great. Let's use each other better to get this product really finished.
2015-1-22
Use props
peter.weimer.em
New

United States

++++++++++++++++++++1
2015-1-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish we could respond.

I have no knowledge of the answers to the questions you asked.  DJI does not make advanced notices of their future development plans.  That might be nice for our users but also be a roadmap for our competitors and yes, there are many.  We are sorry for the inconvenience but the realities of business preclude that we share that information prior to release.
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

Thanks for your advice.
2015-1-22
Use props
david.martin.em
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-23 12:56
I wish we could respond.

I have no knowledge of the answers to the questions you asked.  DJI does n ...

Ed,
DJI is overly concerned with "competitors". It's not the first time I've seen an DJi person mention this.
It's not realistic that a competitor will gain an advantage of they know when new firmware is due.
Due to that mindset / policy the customer base has suffered dramatically with this launch.

Please encourage Eric or others at DJI to reconsider that policy.
Leadership should not be threatened by fear.

2015-1-22
Use props
northspursta.em
lvl.1

United States

Those are such lame responses.  The point David is trying to make is, dji should be keeping it's customers informed.  Updating us on the problems and the path dji is trying to take to resolve those problems.  And lets face it, there are a lot of problems with the Inspire launch.  dji should open an official topic where they can keep their customer base informed.  Not the piecemeal, adhoc, here and there responses we get from the likes of Tahoe_Ed, DJI-ZT, or any other dji employee.  I have faith that all of these issues will be worked out, and let's face it, nobody put a gun to our heads and forced us to buy the first edition Inspire.  Anyone who didn't think there would be issues, were fooling themselves.  Having said that, dji really needs to step up how they deal with their customers if they hope to be a global player.  They risk finding themselves labeled just another bogus Chinese company not worth risking doing business with.
2015-1-22
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I don't work for DJI but I have worked in high tech development.  I would guess that

- DJI are working frantically with Apple to get the app released but until Apple actually do release it there's not much DJI can say.
- Regarding firmware, this is an ongoing debate as to when you release: at what point you say "we can't fix this bug in time" or "we can't add this new function in time" and then ensuring you have clean code.  It's generally a very tough call this early in product life.

For these reasons you won't normally see any sort of announcement before all is ready to go.

The prop locks have been released.  Now it's just a matter of how long it takes to ship them.
2015-1-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The prop locks ship on Monday to those that ordered from DJI.com.  Those that ordered from dealers will receive them directly from them.
2015-1-23
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-24 00:56
The prop locks ship on Monday to those that ordered from DJI.com.  Those that ordered from dealers w ...

Question for Ed: If my Inspire has not shipped yet, will it just come with the prop locks? Or do they still ship the prop locks separately?
2015-1-23
Use props
Embelish
lvl.2

United States

David Martin, thank you for articulating how many of us Inspire owners feel. Taho_Ed, we appreciate you chiming in here and there when you're able to confidently answer a question, but I believe you are missing the point of David's comments. A majority of Inspire owners are fairly frustrated right now. And it's a lot less about the initial teething experience with a brand new product, and more about the barrier or rather lack of communication to us the customers on basic issues that can be answered without making yourself vulnerable to competitors.
2015-1-23
Use props
kietzmanbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

A small (technical) improvement that can make a big difference is to have a separate identifier or category for any "official" communication from DJI (the prop lock demonstration is a good example). instead of it being a *normal* thread in the forum that gets buried almost immediately (which cause the same questions/frustrations/comments to be brought up as new owners come into the forums)

i.e. Just put it all in one place and make it easily found..
2015-1-23
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

+++++++++++++
2015-1-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-1-24 01:52
Question for Ed: If my Inspire has not shipped yet, will it just come with the prop locks? Or do th ...

It should.  I have seen users post that the units that are shipping to them today had the prop locks.
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules