Osmo audio fails??
2110 5 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter.maged.lou
New

United Arab Emirates

Hello!

I bought a new osmo 3 days ago and just tested it yesterday, i updated it to latest firmware and all. but had two problems with audio.

1. the audio without any external mics was pretty muffled, hard to hear, and crackles a lot. i got a dji flexi mic and tried again and surpisingly  it was heaps worse. the sound wastoo loud and very very rough crackly sounds as if holding it against a very high powered fan.

2. when trying to live stream with facebook, and enabling audio recording, the microphone icon was visible but 0 sound detected... no sound detected from the osmo or the phone.. completely silent. i tried it three times and got no where.. Ive seen other ppl on this forum experience the same problem but no solution.

thank you
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Thanks for purchasing the Osmo.
1. To get a better quality of audio recording, please upgrade the firmware to the latest version and an external Mic is recommended, the built-in Mic is just for your reference. In the official product webpage, there're some recommendation about the compatible external Mic, please have a look at: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs
2. Please check if the DJI GO App has the authority to use your phone's Mic for audio recording. To enable the function, you may need to re-install the DJI GO App and enable the authority of using the phone's audio recording function.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-27
Use props
info
lvl.1

United States

I figured the issue out. You need to make sure that your running the latest version of Apple's IOS. After I updated the IOS and re-launched the DJI GO app it asked me to access the IPhone mic.
GOOD LUCK!
2016-7-1
Use props
peter.maged.lou
New

United Arab Emirates

Adela, i did mention i have a flexi mic, so that counts as an external mic. i also mentioned that i updated the firmware. and the problem still persisted.

info, thank you i have not yet tried to update my ios, will see if that helps and get back to you.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

peter.maged.lou Posted at 2016-7-2 16:01
Adela, i did mention i have a flexi mic, so that counts as an external mic. i also mentioned that i  ...

Hi, sometimes a failed firmware update will cause this. Would you please try updating again?

Also, do you have other devices? Like an Android phone/tablet, you can use that to see if the fault is with the operating system.
2016-7-4
Use props
transmediant
New

Bahrain

I've had external mics plugged into my osmo and its worked perfectly fine. But today, nothing. And even though no external microphone is attached, DJI GO says there is. When I drill down to the audio control menu, the enable inner mic switch won't turn on. WTF?
ios 9.3.5
dji go 2.9.0

2016-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules