3 Batteries unresponsive / not charging
2712 18 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o

Germany

Hi, I have 3 batteries. 2 TB47, 1 TB48. The first two are about 1,5 years old, the TB48 about 1 year.

I haven't used them much, and I think the TB48 I might have never used. Just had it with me as a backup.

My last flight is about one year ago, now I wanted to get everything ready, but all batteries are unresponsive.

Battery 1&2 (TB47) don't do anything when I'm trying to turn them on or if I'm trying to charge them.
I tried charging TB48 and the lights started flashing as if it was charging. I pulled the cable but it still shows flashing LEDs as if it's half charged since then and it's not stopping, no matter if the cable is connected or not.

I tried to read on the forums and couldn't find anything that would help me, but I thought I would try anyway. Sorry if it's the 10 millionth post about dead batteries, although I couldn't find anything about 3 dead batteries at once.
2016-6-26
Use props
stevekais
lvl.1

Join the club all of you with over 3 batteries all under 6 hours of flight and stuck with >$600 paper weights DJI CRAP!!!
2016-6-26
Use props
stevekais
lvl.1

United States

My 3 batteries (2)TB47  and 2 TB48 are all less than a year old some still with plastic on top. All dead no lights, won't change on quad charger nor 180w or 100w single charger. One shows red light when trying to turn on then when try to charge top green arrow/light flashers then dims out. If anyone could fix this crap they'd be wealthy since DJI batteries don't last through 4 charges!!! Good luck. Might as well just send DJI a $200 check and pretended they send a battery. Better yet just burn $200 for every DJI battery you'd like. POS company!!!
2016-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry man this is a bummer!!  I am checking all of my batteries now and going to put them at about 60% for storage. Since I lost one of my TB47's I have been watching them pretty closely. All my batteries have the latest FW and this should prevent them from discharging to far. We have asked DJI R&D to give us the option to turn off Auto-discharge feature but so far they have not answered our request.

Rich
2016-6-26
Use props

Norway

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'm sitting on 3.000 Euros of garbage. I hope people read the forum before buying from DJI.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

What percentage did you leave the batteries stored at? Where were they being stored? Please be advised that the Inspire has a stringent battery maintenance process. Not following those guidelines, especially for a year of inactivity, can cause battery issues. Since these batteries have not been used in a year, the firmware that is on them are less forgiving to improper storage and charging practices.
2016-6-27
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi Post and all with battery issues

Instead of binning them , try this as you have nothing to lose. I have had to do it in the past and it worked without issue.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15401-1-1.html

If linky no work, google new inspire1 battery problem

Regards Wolf
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

stevekais@iclou Posted at 2016-6-27 11:08
My 3 batteries (2)TB47  and 2 TB48 are all less than a year old some still with plastic on top. All  ...

Based on the information provided, your batteries are attempting to charge at high temperatures. Does the battery feel warm? Have you tried cleaning the contacts on both the charger and the batteries? Do they feel swollen? Exactly how old are these batteries? What were your storage practices? I understand that you're frustrated, but there are troubleshooting steps that you can do to attempt to resolve these issues.
2016-6-27
Use props
mhedlund73
New

Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-27 22:49
What percentage did you leave the batteries stored at? Where were they being stored? Please be advis ...

Ive just bought a DJI Batteri TB47 black from you guys and its dead as well, so my question is to you - What percentage did you leave the batteries stored at?
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mhedlund73 Posted at 2016-6-28 22:35
Ive just bought a DJI Batteri TB47 black from you guys and its dead as well, so my question is to  ...

I'm sorry that has happened, all sold batteries are at storage level.
Please contact support for an exchange.
2016-6-28
Use props
moiseev.sergey
lvl.2

Estonia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-28 20:20
I'm sorry that has happened, all sold batteries are at storage level.
Please contact support for a ...

Ken, are you aware that most of the batteries stored at dealer network with outdated firmware going to be completely dead at the moment of purchase? I think you need to start recall dealer batteries asap or you going to damage your brand once again.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

moiseev.sergey@ Posted at 2016-6-29 23:05
Ken, are you aware that most of the batteries stored at dealer network with outdated firmware goin ...

We do have Dealer departments that would be alerted if there is an inherent issue with their stock, and would address these issues when they arise.
2016-6-30
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-30 20:17
We do have Dealer departments that would be alerted if there is an inherent issue with their stock, ...

Hi all,

I also have 4 dead battery's all with the same problem. If the problem is solved with u update then there was some bad firmware on our battery...

Mine was store for 3 months. Like they said in de guide. It was time to check then again after 3 months, but all 4 where dead...

Rinus

1000 euro battery's
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-4 05:59
Hi all,

I also have 4 dead battery's all with the same problem. If the problem is solved with u u ...

I'm sorry to hear, have you already contacted the Europe Support team?
2016-9-8
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-9 00:09
I'm sorry to hear, have you already contacted the Europe Support team?

DJI-Jamie,

What can the do? There all out of warrenty...

Rinus
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-10 02:18
DJI-Jamie,

What can the do? There all out of warrenty...

Just to make sure, all your batteries are older than 6 months at this point?
2016-9-9
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-9 20:44
Just to make sure, all your batteries are older than 6 months at this point?

Yes they are from dec 2015...
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Rinus Posted at 2016-9-10 03:30
Yes they are from dec 2015...

What firmware did you have on the aircraft prior to storage?
2016-9-9
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-10 00:38
What firmware did you have on the aircraft prior to storage?

Hi jamie,

It was not the latest FW. I have saved 2 battery now with the method where you must pop off the top and charge the battery above 20 volt manually. A third was lost. This one have a bad cell now. I have made 2 flights with the saved battery's for now and they preformd like normal. They where updated now to the latest FW. One more battery to go...

Rinus
2016-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules