Squaretrade Warranty Thread Info
5234 14 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denny.lindsay.e
lvl.1

United States

Could someone please reply with the post or contact info. for squaretrade?

Thx.

2015-1-23
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

https://www.google.com/webhp?sou ... 0warranty%20contact
2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... astpost&lang=en

This is the forum thread for squaretrade.
2015-1-23
Use props
denny.lindsay.e
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I spoke with them and they suggested buying their warranty off of EBAY Item # 270826537168

$144.99 + Local Tax = 157.00 for tx. for up to $1,250 of coverage for 3 years.

Hope this helps everyone.

Denny
2015-1-23
Use props
matalec.email
lvl.1

United States

JUST A FYI

I just spoke to square trade. She explicitly said they DO NOT cover drones. If you purchased it under camera or misc and something happens. You WILL NOT get ANYTHING from ST. I advised her that i have read the posts and am seeing people with coverage. She said that is fine, but when something happens it will not be covered.

Guess i will have to be SUPER careful now with my phantom.
2015-1-24
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I just posted this in the other thread as well.
I have a warranty already with Squaretrade for my TV. I called them about getting my P2Vp covered , they did research on it, asked me for the model said please hold. 5 mins later came back to the phone and said Squaretrade does not offer a warranty on Drones or quadcopters, that includes the DJI Phantom Vision Plus. He then said that they are under review by the company and will have a final division sometime in the future.
As stated before, I think everyone that calls will get told something different but it seems the fact that they DO NOT cover them any more is consistent.
I also called State Farm because that is where my home owners ins. is and was told that I am covered if I cause property damage or personal damage but the phantom itself is not covered. My State Farm agent tried to get it covered under sports property as a camera and he emailed me later that day saying he could not get it covered.
I have read that I may have luck getting it covered through USAA so I have plans to call them this Monday.
2015-1-24
Use props
chad.baker86.gm
lvl.1

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-1-25 09:54
I just posted this in the other thread as well.
I have a warranty already with Squaretrade for my TV ...

They will cover it I just bought one the other day. I got it from amazon as told by squaretrade and used this item number they provided me B002I05VPO. I asked them many questions and they verified that they do cover the camera and the unit if it falls from the sky. I was very surprised when they told me they covered all accidental damage. It's also only $120 for 3 years.
2015-3-10
Use props
joshbuck8
New

United States

I just filed a claim on mine with no issues.
2015-3-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just filed a claim on mine yesterday. No issues. The reimbursement payment will be made to me by this Friday.
It is a drone, Phantom 2 Vision+. And they did cover it after admittedly a pilot error crash resulting in total destruction.

I did not get the cash yet, so I guess it's possible things can still go south. But they have assured me that the claim has been approved. And they definitely do still offer this policy, as we discussed buying a new one on the replacement Phantom 3 I will be buying.
2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.2

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2015-5-20 00:12
Just filed a claim on mine yesterday. No issues. The reimbursement payment will be made to me by thi ...

please update us on how you make out, I do not trust insurance companies. I have been burned before with them selling a policy saying it covers everything no matter what happens, them I drop it and it breaks and suddenly it is not covered
2015-5-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 07:52
please update us on how you make out, I do not trust insurance companies. I have been burned befor ...

I agree totally. And I was even skeptical about this one. But so far so good. The manager assured me yesterday that the claim was approved. I will know more by end of day tomorrow and will post an update.

Thanks!
2015-5-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This us HUGE!

Claim Approved! Filed the claim on Monday, claim approved on Wednesday, full reimbursement should be in my bank of Friday! I have to tell you that it was extremely harmless, once I got past the first customer service agent who wanted to tell me they were going to repair the Phantom. Once I got to the supervisor or manager it was super easy, and they were very helpful and expedited the process. Even used FedEx 2 Day shipping for the RMA.

Best part, I kept the (2) batteries and the Transmitter! All that I sent back was the damaged Phantom and the Destroyed Casmera/Gimbal. I kept everything else. Will go nicely with my main P2V+. I will definitely be buying another one of these for my Phantom 3, or Inspire 1. (Still on the fence as to which way to go now)

Anyway, just thought you all would like to know that this Squaretrade plan is 100% legit. Sucks that I had to consume the plan to use it, but I knew that going in. And I thought it was awesome that they gave me the option to replace with anohter Phantom 2 and keep the same plan. Thatg is a nice feature for sure.

Questions, feel free to ask. But that's all I have to say about this post.
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 6.55.36 PM.png
2015-5-20
Use props
LADroneMan
New

United States

I just called SquareTrade.com (after 10 minutes of waiting to get through) and they do NOT cover drones as of November/December 2014.  Those who have it are in good hands (pardon the pun).

I called USAA and they said FalconInsurance.com might, but it was closed today.  If you are a USAA member it will be cheaper to buy FalconInsurance through USAA.  I will call tomorrow and post any info I get.

Spoke with NearyAerial Media about coverage.  They seemed pretty cool, but are new in business.  Checks out ok with BBB.  Anyone have any experience with them?
https://www.facebook.com/NearyAerialMedia

2015-7-23
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

I have Liberty Mutual Insurance for my home and I added my Inspire 1 to my policy for $49 a year with no deductible. I also  added all my computers,  iPhones and iPads for an additional $50 per year. And I have a $1,000,000 liability policy that I pay about $200 a year. My Inspire is classified as a flying camera.
2015-8-2
Use props
teksashorns
lvl.1

United States

Maybe a dead thread but Square Trade DOES cover the DJI P3 but under one condition:  It has to be purchased from BnH Photo.  No, I'm not promoting that retailer but after many conversation call backs confirming this, they offer the "Drops and Spills" to your P3 if it was ordered through BnH photo.  They said that they are the only retailer they will honor for drones since they are partnered with them.  

I just ordered mine and got the 2yr coverage for $199.  As long as I can recover the unit, it will be covered.  Fly-Aways, I'm hosed.  
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules