Phantom 3 Standard IOC question
4232 14 2016-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbraden
lvl.1

United States

I get to the part where you can turn on the Intelligent Flight Modes and how to choose the F-GPS mode and see in the manual there are 5 choices, but no explanation as to where to go to choose them.  I'd like to pick the Home Point option so if I lose sight I can pull the stick back and have it fly back towards the starting point no matter the orientation of the craft, but can't figure out how to do it.  Thanks!
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

It will show the icons on the camera view in the Dji Go app
Toggle the switch while watching the screen you will see the icons appear or if you haven't enabled multiple flight mode in general settings it should tell you to enable multiple flight
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

The mode you are looking for is course lock (headless mode)
Set the craft head position in forward
Then toggle forward no matter what direction the camera (the front of the aircraft) is facing the aircraft will go away from you
Toggle back and the aircraft will come back to you
Toggle left and the aircraft will go to the left of you
Toggle right and the aircraft will go to the right of you
Hope this helps you
2016-6-30
Use props
tbraden
lvl.1

United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-30 07:02
It will show the icons on the camera view in the Dji Go app
Toggle the switch while watching the scr ...

Thank you very much!  Found the icon, tapped it and got the various options.  Appreciate your help.
2016-6-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Australia

tbraden Posted at 2016-6-30 20:14
Thank you very much!  Found the icon, tapped it and got the various options.  Appreciate your help ...

Great news enjoy your flying
2016-6-30
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-30 08:10
The mode you are looking for is course lock (headless mode)
Set the craft head position in forward

You described Course lock just right, but I think the OP was getting at Home Lock mode. Where you pull the right stick back and the drone flies right back to the home point. I've used it a few times myself, great way to get right back home. Just make sure your above anything you might hit along the way, as it's not like RTH with a min. altitude setting.
2016-6-30
Use props
fans44b45d8e
lvl.3
United States

I am having a challenge getting the menu to pop up when I flip the right S1 switch to bottom settings
2016-12-26
Use props
fans44b45d8e
lvl.3
United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-30 05:33
Great news enjoy your flying

I am following the tutorials but the IOC menu won't show up when the S1 switch is in bottom position. can you help?
2016-12-26
Use props
fans6332ab2f
lvl.2
Australia

fans44b45d8e Posted at 2016-12-26 12:32
I am following the tutorials but the IOC menu won't show up when the S1 switch is in bottom position. can you help?

Enable multiple flight modes in general settings then give it another go
2017-1-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You have found your answer, but just take some time to understand what each function does. Get out in an open area and try each one so that you understand what is going to happen. I say this not to be critical, but so many people just try different functions and sometimes catch themselves in an awkward situation and don't really know what to expect or how to get out of it. I'm just saying it helps to know what is going to happen so that if you do get into a situation, you will know how to react. Have fun! There are some really cool features DJI has given us.
2017-1-20
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-20 05:34
You have found your answer, but just take some time to understand what each function does. Get out in an open area and try each one so that you understand what is going to happen. I say this not to be critical, but so many people just try different functions and sometimes catch themselves in an awkward situation and don't really know what to expect or how to get out of it. I'm just saying it helps to know what is going to happen so that if you do get into a situation, you will know how to react. Have fun! There are some really cool features DJI has given us.

Yes I found the Icon and everything is working great!  Hooah
2017-1-21
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-30 19:48
You described Course lock just right, but I think the OP was getting at Home Lock mode. Where you pull the right stick back and the drone flies right back to the home point. I've used it a few times myself, great way to get right back home. Just make sure your above anything you might hit along the way, as it's not like RTH with a min. altitude setting.

Great advice indeed.  Almost ran into a building last time!
2017-1-21
Use props
wonderful_man
New

Spain

Hi there,

I'm unable to popup the IOC menu on my android phone's screen. After taking off I switch s1 to F mode , either multi flight on or off, and nothing happens. Besides I don't see the IOC option in my settings.
I got the latests DJI Go version 3.1.2. My phantom is 3 standard.

Any help appreciated.

Much thanks
2017-1-28
Use props
wonderful_man
New

Spain

Just chatted with the technical support. Looks like firmware version 1.8 is not available yet for my country. That would explain why IOC menu isn't shown.
2017-1-30
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

tbraden Posted at 2016-6-30 04:14
Thank you very much!  Found the icon, tapped it and got the various options.  Appreciate your help.

in the tutorials you flip the switch and the menu pops up!, You have to find the ICON (under the auto land ICON) then push it and the menu pops up.  took me awhile to find it, had help from folks on this forum.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules