First flight!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

Yesterday, I flew my new dji P3A in “beginner mode” for the first time and it went very well. I learned to circle and come toward me (so controls all backwards from the operator’s perspective) and RTH and to catch it in my right hand upon landing. The 30% battery warning worked just fine.  I learned that in mid day, I could see absolutely nothing on the iPad screen.  It was utterly useless.  Couldn’t even tell the direction the craft is facing, so I paid attention to the flashing red lights.  (I noticed this morning the screen brightness was only at 50%, so was “user error”) The videos of each flight were flawless.  Fabulous quality.  I did not lock the AE, so the contrast did keep flickering, but that was my inexperience.  A flock of crows came to check out the drone, which was fun! I tried to chase them, but at the limited range of “beginner” mode, I could not follow far.
  It was a wonderful first flight.  I used up 2 batteries, so was flying about 30 minutes.  I think another beginner mode is in order and then (gulp) is my first “real” flight!  Can’t wait.
2016-6-30
Use props
philgough1954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
United Kingdom

Wonderful Bob and good luck.
2016-6-30
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Great but don't rush it out of beginner mode. Also make sure you read and understand the manual and watch all the how too videos. Have fun and be safe!
2016-6-30
Use props
ofox
New

United Kingdom

Good work on the first flight Bob. You'll soon get the hang of it! I've not had mine long but can comfortably send mine out of view now without having a mini heart attack! lol

Worth getting yourself on YouTube and having a look at the many videos on there. I found a load of useful tips on a channel called 'Tom's Tech Time'. And like rreindl just said, make sure you read the manual cover to cover - plenty of things in there I didn't know about which are useful!

Enjoy!
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job, Bob. Here is a youtube channel of flight safety.Hope this helps:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
2016-6-30
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

So much more fun to be had! Well done!
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

That's great, you are learning well.
Only suggestion I have is not to chase birds, if you ever hit one you could harm the bird and also crash the aircraft.
2016-7-1
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-1 22:15
That's great, you are learning well.
Only suggestion I have is not to chase birds, if you ever hit o ...

I was cautious - just trying to get it in the view.  There is a YouTube of a fellow who chased a hawk - and the Drone went down!  I wouldn't want to lose the drone - and I love birds, so sure wouldn't want to hurt a hawk.  A damaged talon would be the end of the bird.  
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bob37 Posted at 2016-7-1 17:13
I was cautious - just trying to get it in the view.  There is a YouTube of a fellow who chased a h ...

Exactly, I am a huge animal lover and just hate to see any harm done to any living thing for the sport of it.
2016-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules