Just got a phantom 4
858 8 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Hey guys, i just a got my phantom 4. Not sure what to do before my very first flight. IMU calibration? Any gimbal calibrations? Thanks!
2016-7-9
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Read, read, read.. manual is a must..  Now, I own p3a, but I read the manual many times, watched videos, read the manual, checked the forums, read the manual, did the simulator for the more advanced options... and so on..  Did you have other drones, DJIs?
There are many functions you REALLY need to understand well.. just in case.. and sim helps to practice things, just in case u got some emergency..
2016-7-9
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

charge everything up n read the manual, n check out some how to vids... u will need to update firmware, calibrate IMU, n sensors... ur first flight keep her low n close, just to make sure she flies true, just incase there are a few bugs... o DJi go app as well
2016-7-9
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

Watch all the DJI tutorial videos !
Set your RTH height to at least 100ft just to be safe.
Practice RTH with the Flight Sim and real world test.
Know that during the RTH ascend to the configured height, if you move the sticks it will cancel the ascend and just fly home. Don't touch the sticks!
Fly above the tallest obstacle around your area!
Don't be an idiot. Fly within your ability.
Plan your flight.

Just like scuba diving....plan plan plan....

The phantom is really easy to fly but it's also REALLY easy to crash.
2016-7-9
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-7-9 21:22
Read, read, read.. manual is a must..  Now, I own p3a, but I read the manual many times, watched vid ...

I had a phantom 2
2016-7-9
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Still read ;) Phantom 4 is very feature rich, and knowing it all is a good thing! Good to know u r not a total beginner.. Many such people do not read or study, and then.. well.. things are not always happy....
2016-7-9
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

I don't read the manual. I just come here and learn from all who has come before me who have crashed.
2016-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck, you will find this a much more stable aircraft than P2, but yes make yourself aware of all calibrations firmware etc and all the new stuff your P4 has, sometimes reading here at this forum you would think it's better to keep it in the box,but people a very quick to keep picking on the nitty gritty, before trying to solve simple problems, you purchased it to enjoy the experience this is the most important thing, go out and enjoy.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your purchase, you'll love this drone.

Just keep reading and learning things about drone, then you'll be safe.
2016-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules