cruise line
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tommycbaker
lvl.3

okay i have a vacation coming up where i am taking a cruise ship (Royal Caribbean) and was wondering if i could take those on ship so when i get offshore to film the beaches of where i am going.  We are going to Honduras and cozumel and puerta playa mexico.  Anyone have any experience with cruise lines and their policy?

2016-7-10
Use props
aloganau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219081 ft
Australia

I'm also interested in the answer, as have a RCI cruise booked early next year. Read recently that Princess Cruises now has a ban on drones, and they will be confiscated if you take them on-board.
2016-7-10
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

I've been to many cruises. There is nothing I can see preventing you from taking it on to the ship. Now taking off from the ship is another matter.
"conficate" is a stretch....they might keep it until the day you get off the ship. Just take it on board. There is nothing to lose.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I can't think of any reason why the cruise line would not allow you take the drone aboard. But most likely they don't allow you take off on the deck, they may deem it dangerous.
2016-7-10
Use props
tommycbaker
lvl.3

well I definitely don't want it for on deck.  but for when I get to shore
2016-7-11
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Call the cruise line and ask.
2016-7-11
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491175 ft
United States

I called and also emailed country of destination's dept of Cival Aviation. They sent me the link to their countries rules. FYI, I am good! UAVSYTEMSINTERNATIONAL.COM may also be able to help. They got me started in the right direction.
Hope this helps you
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules