Counterfeit battery..?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just recieved a new Phantom 3 Advanced after warrantying my 1st one from an unfortunate crash. Brand new, in-box, but when I removed the battery, I noticed that it has Chinese writing on it and some of the text is layed out differently... Dji is a Chinese company so the chinese label obviously seems normal. But I've seen people before with counterfeit Phantom 3 batteries and usually you can tell the difference with little details like text layout and LED brightness, and seeing as how this one looks different from the original battery that came with my 1st one I was just a slightly worried. I haven't flown with it yet since I just got it yesterday, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the community to make sure it is an official Dji battery before using it.

New battery is on the Left and original is on the Right

both have bright LEDs

both have bright LEDs
G2559645.JPG G2579656.JPG G2569650.JPG G2589661.JPG

2016-7-12
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

DJI support can check the serial for you - email them. In general the signage could be English or Chinese, you are still ok. The quad will NOT work with a counterfit battery, so test it in a low safe hover, see if there are any issue - I would not expect so.
2016-7-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So you got a new Phantom and you are concerned that DJI are supplying it with a fake battery?
You are worrying too much.
2016-7-12
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-13 13:32
So you got a new Phantom and you are concerned that DJI are supplying it with a fake battery?
You ar ...

No, I do trust Dji to provide original products, but the warranty was done through an insurance company, so they're the ones who I wasn't really trusting... but you might be right. everything was packaged up just as it should have been, so it's probably is okay. I've shared batteries with two of my friends who also have P3's and all their batteries looked the same as mine, so it just threw me off a little when I saw this new one that didn't look like all the others I've used.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Smith, you can leave me your new battery's serial numbers here. Since we've made some changes on the battery's printing, it is normal to see some Chinese characters on it.
2016-7-12
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I have the Chinese writing on my batteries too and it came with my drone brand new in the box from what I saw some of the fakes say pha_3 or it will have in small print made for in small print right above the word Phantom
2016-7-13
Use props
smithholding
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-13 06:29
Hello Smith, you can leave me your new battery's serial numbers here. Since we've made some changes on the battery's printing, it is normal to see some Chinese characters on it.

my serial number is 6171162602267 is this real or fake ? Many thanks
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules