12Next >
3245 60 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Hi
Just been out flying after the latest firmware Height drop seems to be non-existent, however the horizon issues are still there.

I have done the IMU calibration so many times today and gimbal calibrations then sensor calibrations. It seems worse to me unusable footage all the time, also some strange erratic twitching too.

I was wondering if this will ever be cured in any upcoming updates?

My P3P never suffered with this problem, although I know some people have.

Any comments from DJI guys??

I can post videos of the issues I'm facing if requared.

2016-7-13
Use props
stefk1987
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518176 ft
Greece

Same for me! Please answer!
2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

There seems to be some updating that get this problem, its random, or a roll of the dice as I seen some say... last update was the rise/fall issue, which this update seems to have fixed, hopefully it is an easy fix... for this reason I have learned ( cuz I was one of the few that had gotten the yo yo effect from the last fix) to wait a few days to do the update. hopefully we will have an answer soon
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please post a video clip.
2016-7-13
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-14 04:49
There seems to be some updating that get this problem, its random, or a roll of the dice as I seen s ...

yeah me too, What I don't understand is that I didn't have a horizon issue with the P3P . Though this seems to be the last issue to solve, let's hope they solve it soon.
2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

they seem to be on top of things pretty good in my opinion, didnt take them long to fix the last issue, I find it helps that they hear n see enough info to address the issue, post pics n video to show them youyr problems, then atleast its not a total waste of video... yu kno the old saying, a picture ( video in this case) is worth a thousand words
2016-7-13
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-14 04:54
Can you please post a video clip.

Hi Ken thanks for replying.

i have imposed a stright line to help detect the error.

This video is about the 8th one today after upgrading the Firmware last night.

I calibrated the IMU 7 times and the gimbal also the vision sensors.

As you will see in the video I ascend above the trees to reveal the sea as I'm doing so the gimbal moves slowly to a tilted position. Further on in the video you will see me trying to manually adjust it, but it seem to fight me and stay tilted.

If I ever do get it straight then after turning 180 degrees the gimbal slowly tilts to an uneven level again.

Hope you can help Ken as for me anyway this is the last problem for the P4.

2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

thanx for video, you say you did IMU, gimble and vision sensor, you did this each of the 7 times?.. I dont kno a lot about the P4, had mine 5 or 6 weeks so I am still learning, so I ask ( and some times may be stupid ?, but this is how we learn, right?) is it necessary to calibrate IMU and sensors with gimble? I thought if bird flew true ( no yo yo or flying issues) IMU and sensors ( along with compass ) are good, and should only play with camera and gimble, am I wrong?... either way, I am learning something here

thanx Heebus
2016-7-13
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-14 06:42
thanx for video, you say you did IMU, gimble and vision sensor, you did this each of the 7 times?..  ...

I have always do IMU and then gimbal after an update with the P3P there were no other calibrations to do.

So now with the p4 I do all 3 calibrations then Compass before flying .

Yes I did them all 7 times today because each time the horizon was so way off, sadly it has made no difference.
2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

did you try to downgrade and then upgrade again?... I wonder if the factory reset between upgrades n calibrations would help like it helped some with the drifting/rise/fall of the last update did... not saying to do it, just putting out there maybe someone more experianced will chime in
2016-7-13
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-14 07:02
did you try to downgrade and then upgrade again?... I wonder if the factory reset between upgrades n ...

I had horizon issues on both previous FW builds. I was hoping that the latest would address it.
2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

oh ya, I think u said that in previous post, my bad... I cn read, really I can, lol... sorry
2016-7-13
Use props
phmkingston
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469147 ft
Canada

I have updated to the latest firmware. After update I did a factory reset, imu and gimbal calibration. Very pleased with flight stability, did have some altitude fluctuations with 411 but now it is impressively stable. However I too have noticed that the horizon is less stable. Did a test flight today and before flight I took great effort to insure the gimbal was level. Applied minor adjustment using the gimbal roll adjustment. Took off with horizon level, but at altitude, it was significantly off level. Adjusted in flight to level horizon but when I landed it was again not level. What I noticed was that there were 30 km/h winds at altitude but 0 at ground level. I believe the wind was a factor, but my past experience with previous firmware was that wind never affected the horizon level to this degree. Just my observations.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-14 06:33

Thanks for posting, Since you've tried all the troubleshooting steps you may want to contact support and have it brought is to be looked at.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-13 19:27
I had horizon issues on both previous FW builds. I was hoping that the latest would address it.

We're very sorry about the inconvenience you encountered.

Since you've done everything you can, and nobody know when the next firmware will be or whether it will fix your issue, instead of waiting, like Ken said, it might be better to just send your drone for a repair.
2016-7-13
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-14 12:00
We're very sorry about the inconvenience you encountered.

Since you've done everything you can,  ...

So you think it a hardware error not firmware?
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-14 05:26

What I mean is that, even if it's a firmware error, which I don't known,  instead of waiting for next firmware to fix it, it might be faster to send it to repair center.
2016-7-14
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-14 18:08
What I mean is that, even if it's a firmware error, which I don't known,  instead of waiting for n ...

ok thanks for your reply.

I live in the UK so where would I need to send it and how much does it cost to send?
Does it need to be insured etc.?
What is needed to send back, just the aircraft or the controller, charger too?

Kind Regards

Ian Simpson

2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-14 06:19
ok thanks for your reply.

I live in the UK so where would I need to send it and how much does i ...

You need to send an email to support@dji.com and tell them what happened and what you already did concisely, your SN number, when you purchased it, etc. They normally respond pretty quickly, within several hours.  Then they'll arrange a courier pickup.  The shipping and repair will be covered by DJI, if your product is within warranty period.

You normally receive your drone back within 2 weeks since you send it out, could be faster, depending on the case load in UK.

2016-7-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-14 17:26

Hi, something defiantly wrong there, mine has horizon tilt issue to but no way near as bad as that.
2016-7-14
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-7-14 18:59
Hi, something defiantly wrong there, mine has horizon tilt issue to but no way near as bad as that ...

I know trust me. Have to be without it for a couple of weeks.
2016-7-14
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Calibrated all yesterday and now works properly. Did you restart P4 after each test?
Marty
2016-7-14
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-7-14 19:02
Calibrated all yesterday and now works properly. Did you restart P4 after each test?
Marty

I did, you have to restart after IMU calibration anyway.

I'm just having one last go desperate measures half hour in the fridge.
2016-7-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-14 19:06
I did, you have to restart after IMU calibration anyway.

I'm just having one last go desperate me ...

I hope the last desprate measure works for you! but I don't think it will
2016-7-14
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-13 23:33

Hi tiansimpson & Dji Ken,

I am also experiencing exactly the same issue. Perfectly level IMU cals and auto gimbal cals (latest firmware) my drone horizontal will drift exactly like yours on your video.

I manually level it in flight maybe tilt adjustment to -2.0 then turn the drone 180* degree and it is way off exactly the same as your video. Left horizon always higher than right (exactly the same as your video) and upwards to -2.0 manual gimbal adjustment to level before it is off again after a 180* degree turn.

I am in UK also and this drone is a new replacement. This must be a firmware issue surely due to the number of Horizontal tilt issues being reported?

Wonder if a Poll on a new thread can help Dji understand this issue better?
2016-7-14
Use props
ciarancassidy4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 234383 ft
Ireland

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-14 19:41

I am also experiencing exactly the same issue. Perfectly level IMU cals  ...

I think a poll is a brilliant idea, i have been having the issue swell but haven't had a chance to check on the latest FW yet because of the weather
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-15 02:41

I am also experiencing exactly the same issue. Perfectly level IMU cals  ...

I'm sorry you are having the issue, please contact support.eu@dji.com and have it sent in.
You don't need a poll, DJi already knows.Have tiy tried connecting it to the assistant2 and doing a factory reset?
2016-7-14
Use props
michael.taschke
New
Denmark

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-14 21:59
I'm sorry you are having the issue, please contact support.eu@dji.com and have it sent in.
You don' ...

Hi Folks. I have the Same Problem here. I have that Problem with the Last Firmwares. Now i am in Denmark and im am flying at the Beach with that not straight Horizon. Next week i will contact the Support. But i Wonder how many People having Problems with that. I calibrate mY Phantom with an High End Leveler befor.
Sorry for My Bad English.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

michael.taschke Posted at 2016-7-15 04:32
Hi Folks. I have the Same Problem here. I have that Problem with the Last Firmwares. Now i am in D ...

I have updated and flown about nine P4's and have not seen and tilting issue.
But, if a correct IMU and gimbal calibration does not fix it nor does doing a factory reset then please contact support.
2016-7-14
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-14 20:59
You don' ...

Hi Dji Ken

(@tiansimpson - sorry to butt in here on your thread but we have exactly the same issue - hope thats ok)

No probs Ken encouraging to hear Dji are aware of this issue then. Surely this can be addressed by a firmware fix instead?

Tried everything...factory resets, upgrades, downgrades, Dji Assistant 2 and every IMU/Sensor calibrations known to all of drone kind lol

I like the way this drone flies (altitude stable etc) and it is a real shame to send an otherwise excellent drone back to the factory for an unstable horizontal camera issue and it is UK summer time too. Incidently, I noticed this my first flight a couple of weeks back even before the latest FW upgrade but didn't have much time to do a full proper diagnosis and tests until today.

The Gimbal needs a minus 2 adjustment (-2.0) to bring the left horizon down to level but goes back up again when turned 180*. Gimbal still at (-2.0). Also I think this tilt gets worse depending on altitude. My ground level gimbal alignment is perfectly level (0.0) then changes with altitude and turning (needing manually set to -2.0).

I am going to look at this again at the weekend and test this at different altitudes - weather permitting and feedback.
2016-7-14
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I've had this issue on every phantom 3 and 4 I've owned. Only one of my two 4's is decent. Not great but decent. One 4 is leek at hover but tilts left at forward speed, the other right. One a little less. I tried everything. I just live with it.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-15 04:48
Hi Dji Ken

(@tiansimpson - sorry to butt in here on your thread but we have exactly the same issue ...

Also play with the Gimbal Tilt EXP and Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack to see if you have any better luck.
2016-7-14
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-14 21:56
Also play with the Gimbal Tilt EXP and Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack to see if you have any better luck.

Yes I am going to try those settings you and other forum members have suggested.

Will feedback.

I must save this drone lol
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-15 05:06
Yes I am going to try those settings you and other forum members have suggested.

Will feedback.

Sounds good, let us know.
2016-7-14
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-15 04:56

Hi Ken I have done all that, I just think that even with obviously incorrect settings we should not be getting such unusable results.

Makes it worse for me as I live by the sea and that should always look flat.
I am waiting for DJI to respond with my RMA number so I can at least have it checked.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-15 05:56
Hi Ken I have done all that, I just think that even with obviously incorrect settings we should no ...

Ok, we'll see what they say.
2016-7-14
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-15 04:48
Hi Dji Ken

(@tiansimpson - sorry to butt in here on your thread but we have exactly the same issue ...

I agree with what you say. But the way I see it is this, I have spent more time experimenting with the P4 to try and get the results that quite frankly should be there right out of the box.

Tinkering, tweaking to get the results you want sure but not "let's try and get the horizon straight"
My P3pro was no problem right out of the box apart from subtle tweaking to get things the way I like.

I've learned that if certain problems with tech are hard work at a basic level then there must be something wrong and no amount of experimenting is going to put it right.

I will hate being without my Phantom 4 but I have stressed myself out trying to put this right it's not really worth it, some other owners report to have no problem with their P4's they say so perhaps it's not a firmware issue, but it needs sorting out or there is no point in owning one.

2016-7-14
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The phantom 4 I'm flying now is level most of the time when hovering. It's a little off when going forward but I have become used to that. My second p4 is a little worse but it's in for stress crack repairs now. When it's back I'll see how it is. But I have basically given up on a level gimbal.
2016-7-14
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Horizon issue here too, definitely worse since upgrade of either firmware (yesterday) or app (today). One thing I noticed in the past was if I didn't take off from a completely level surface the horizon seemed off - worth a try. Obviously IMU calibration was originally done on a level surface.

Since I'm in the UK, and have had it less than six months, if it bothers me enough I'll take it to the supplier and get a replacement. I've a feeling this *will* however be fixed in firmware.

Altitude problem seems to be resolved now, and flight seems smoother. Sport mode *seems* faster. Thanks DJI - You *are* listening, and many of the issues we've been having are now gone or minimised.

This is my second P4, the first suffered no altitude issue, no horizon issue, it flew excellent. I exchanged it because of a weird set of circumstance/glitch.

Video doesn't look as good quality or as sharp as usual - could be lighting conditions, but I'll mention it in case anyone else having the same.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-15 06:14
I agree with what you say. But the way I see it is this, I have spent more time experimenting with ...

If it is convenient, please shoot the video of the gimbal turn on process from the front of the aircraft and post it here. Make sure that your drone and camera\phone you shooting with, both are standing on a flat surface. Thanks.
2016-7-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules