2456 21 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user72caa16e74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18287 ft
French Polynesia

Hi,
I'd like to know what's happening if we are fkying to a nfz, will the drone stop, going back or landing automatically ?
I'm asking because yesterday I was flying away from a nfz and I saw the message "cannot fly to an nfz" but I wasn't. I was so afraid because I was flying over the sea...
Thank you. Bye
2016-7-14
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Very good question... If this happens, how can we *quickly* override so we can get home safe?
2016-7-14
Use props
user72caa16e74
lvl.2
French Polynesia

That's exactly what I want to know. And Dji not clearly answered me. They told me "cannot fly in a NFZ"... then they sent me that
Screenshot_20160713-212149.png
2016-7-14
Use props
user72caa16e74
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Unreadable sorry, it's write "If the aircraft enters the
restricted area in A mode but is
switched to P mode, the aircraft will automatically descend, land and stop its motors."
I understand that the bird can be fly in A mode
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, about 200 meters outside the NFZ, you will receive a message warning about NFZ, seems to be what you received. How far away are you from the edge of the NFZ?

Within 30 meters of the NFZ edge, it's a buffer zone, your drone will be literally bounced back out of that buffer zone, into the 30m - 200 m area.

If you somehow managed to push the drone into the NFZ, the drone would automatically land.
2016-7-14
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

It's like flying into an invisible forcefield in the sky, an upside down cone.  The drone will let you go left or right along the forcefield, but not forward
2016-7-14
Use props
user72caa16e74
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Oh ok I see. Thanks. Actually I took off at about 2 miles from an airport but I was flying  opposite from the airport when I saw the warning. That's afraid me because the way back will be closer from the airport and so get worth.
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

user72caa16e74 Posted at 2016-7-15 04:10
Oh ok I see. Thanks. Actually I took off at about 2 miles from an airport but I was flying  opposite ...

Be very careful about this. In the buffer zone, you can fly your drone out, but when the drone returns, it will not be able to fly in, if the home point is set where it takes off.
2016-7-15
Use props
user72caa16e74
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Thanks. I'll take care about that
2016-7-15
Use props
sl44er
lvl.2
United States

2016-7-15
Use props
xcgnorsworthy
New

United States

Is there a way to write your own no-fly zone, for example around a set of power lines or a building?
2016-7-15
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 06:00
Be very careful about this. In the buffer zone, you can fly your drone out, but when the drone ret ...

This is great info! I haven't been near a NFZ as yet,  but this information is important so you know how your aircraft is going to perform when in that situation.
2016-7-15
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

I had a similar issue, took off in the back yard (close to NFZ), flew away from NFZ, increased altitude, lost signal after a while, drone proceeded back towards me and then stopped part-way back to me as it was too high to enter the NFZ at that height.  Fortunately I had signal back and was able to lower the drone enough to then return to the home point.
2016-7-17
Use props
El_barto
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Oh, I have to pay attention for this issue. Thanks for your feedback.
2016-7-21
Use props
Elbarto
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Today, we landed our plane in a very small airfield, I asked tower if I can fly my bird in here and he said yes. But, when I connect it it was show "cannot take off in nfz"... does a way exist to enable flying in a nfz ?
2016-7-21
Use props
jimvfr2003
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Elbarto Posted at 2016-7-22 05:57
Today, we landed our plane in a very small airfield, I asked tower if I can fly my bird in here and  ...

I had permission from the owner and also Dji to fly in a Nfz, but my aircraft would  not fly. Have tried to contact Dji but so far they have not yet answer my question ?
2016-7-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u r supposed to contact flysafwe@dji.com as I understand it, byut when i tried, they were not helpful, and also they do not seem to work 24hrs a day not weekends...  I do not quite understand the process...  u can unlock some nfz, but for airports u need clearance... and I do not get it.
2016-7-21
Use props
Elbarto
lvl.2
French Polynesia

Ok, I'll send a mail. I checked on http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?www=v1
But I didn't see a nfz on the small airport where I try to fly. That was Nuku-Hiva airport NTTB. I clearly think that the list in the website isn't up to date.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Elbarto Posted at 2016-7-23 00:50
Ok, I'll send a mail. I checked on http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?www=v1
But I didn't see a ...

The website shows you the current NFZ's, the app will only show you NFZ's around about a 5-10 mile radius.You would have to be close the NFZ with the aircraft powered on to see what HFZ's are around you.
2016-7-22
Use props
El_barto
lvl.2
French Polynesia

I understand DJI-Ken but what about the website I spoke about ?
I should be great to see all the NFZ to decide if we take or not our drone.
Thanks
2016-10-11
Use props
micbarton
New
United States

Effectively dji shoots down your drone if you launch from a nfz and leave it. Seems if it was permissive to launch in it then it should allow entry during that flight.
2017-12-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I am lucky that I live next to a virtually unused airport and I have direct comms with the Manager there.

My house sits in the RESTRICTED area and I immediately get a NFZ warning when I take off.

OK ... lets answer in plain what happens ... (I did see DJI answer above but its a touch ****)

Take-off in the RFZ - you get NFZ warning.

You can fly towards the actual NFZ but as you approach - your altitude will be reducing as a slope - you cannot fly higher than that ! The point of zero is supposed to be in the NFZ area - extrapolating seems to indicate somewhere well inside the NFZ circle.

As you fly AWAY from the NFZ ... and as you pass out of the RESTRICTED Flight zone - the NFZ warning will trigger again ... it would appear that DJI decided to use the same warning regardless of going to or away from NFZ ... its the act of passing the perimeter of the circle that triggers it.

Here's a flight I did to test not so long ago ....

Think that just about answers most ?

This next one is to explore the 'inverted cone' of the NFZ limit on altitude .... the nearer to the NFZ centre you get - the lower the max altitude you can maintain ...

Hope that helps ....

Nigel
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules