GEO - Enhanced warning zone - Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
news
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

So I am flying along at 50m high and get to the boundary of an Enhanced warning zone.

I get a prompt to say self authorise.

What happens if I dont do this and try to move forward. ?

ie will drone land, reduce height etc ??

is the shape a tube up from ground level ?

(not saying I would but want to understand characteristics)

Also the prompt is very small text on ipad mini 4, needs to be larger.

2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the flight restrictions are the same as NFZ's then you couldn't fly into the zone.
If you fly in a NFZ unapproved the aircraft will auto land BUT you still can control altitude under 20m by holding the throttle up.
Enhanced Warning Zone. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.
Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport
2016-7-19
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

Thanks Ken

The one me is NOT a NFZ just a enhanced warning zone because there are some antennas (miles and miles away and 500 plus meters high on top of distant hill).

So still not quite clear, so it will try to auto land but you can hold altitude at 20m by throttle up ?

thanks
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

news@bonathan.c Posted at 2016-7-20 04:29
Thanks Ken

The one me is NOT a NFZ just a enhanced warning zone because there are some antennas (mi ...

If it acts the same as a NFZ then yes, you can hold the altitude.
2016-7-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Ken, I still have trouble with the logic that says the drone should LAND.  Why does it not just STOP, like it does with beginner mode turned on?  It should stop proceeding into the zone and allow you to fly a different direction as long as it isn't toward the NFZ again.
2016-7-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-7-20 08:18
Ken, I still have trouble with the logic that says the drone should LAND.  Why does it not just STOP ...

I imagine there are a lot of variations on that, what height are you compared to the inverted cone of the region etc. The aircraft needs to be out of the air if it is inside the zone for safety reasons. The programmers have probably taken the simplest approach.
2016-7-19
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

Its a shame the app does not show the zones without the drone connected as I do preflight planning before going out.
Only when drone powers up the data is there for geo locations.

Mind you the enhanced warning zone I have near me, looks like the scene from the film Independence day where the aircraft are flying towards the alien space ship with ring around it seen on radar.
2016-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules