Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi all

I've noticed that there are some different "Looks" of the used CFK tubes (arms) for the inspire.

Is the one a "prepoduction" or prototype? Which Version will i get if I would order a inspire today?

Cheers
2015-1-25
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

Both are being used, they just come from different suppliers. You could get either. As I understand it, if the serial number has an "A", you get the top version. If a "B", you get the bottom.
2015-1-25
Use props
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

jsmorse.email Posted at 2015-1-26 03:09
Both are being used, they just come from different suppliers. You could get either. As I understand  ...

I think you got that backwards. "A" is the 3k twill weave prepeg tubes in the lower picture. "B" is the filament winding tubes in the upper picture.

I have an "A" that has carbon fiber matching the lower picture.
2015-1-25
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

havenwood Posted at 2015-1-26 04:19
I think you got that backwards. "A" is the 3k twill weave prepeg tubes in the lower picture. "B" i ...

thank you for your replies...
Is there any other difference (Advantage / disadvantage) or is it just about the look?
2015-1-25
Use props
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

Apparently they cost about the same but do have different characteristics. For example, Dr. Turbo has said that "B" has better torsion strength.

"Both prepreg tube and filament winding tube meets the standard of inspire 1 so they will not bring in any noticable performance difference. As a matter of fact two tubes cost almost the same. DJI chooses to use them both simply to secure the supply chain."

2015-1-26
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

I wonder how involved it would be to swap them out to the other kind if someone wanted to trade.
2015-1-26
Use props
roy86au
lvl.3

Australia

I had a Type A to begin with (had to RMA due to a camera lens fault) and it was replaced with a Type B.

I've flown about 4-6 good flights on each and there is no difference between the two types. They felt exactly the same.I would however prefer the Type A though as it looks cleaner and has the same weave as my other multirotors.
2015-1-26
Use props
Kuwait
New

Kuwait

Guys,

Thank your very much for giving the difference in between the two types of the tubes A & B.

I'd really like to know what are the exact dimension used for the tube. i.e. Thicknes, outter and inner diameter and the length if possible.
2015-6-11
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kuwait Posted at 2015-6-11 19:12
Guys,

Thank your very much for giving the difference in between the two types of the tubes A & B.

22OD...................... 20ID
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules