Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allenlew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3723291 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi,

I'm a corporate video producer/director since 1995. DJI products have changed the game for most of us, building reliable video acquisition products that are priced reasonably well when compared to traditional broadcast equipment. That being said, I own and operate Spreading Wings, Inspire 1 Pro/Raw, Phantom 3/4 and recently the Osmo and Osmo Pro.

Osmo is handy and great for budget shoots. And the Osmo Pro allows on to "up the game" with a better camera... so here are my experiences:

1. Dummy Battery has in sufficient power to power the Osmo Pro (with X5 or X5r) when used with the Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 batteries

2. DJI Focus don't play well with some MFT lens, you can't really map the focus from end-to-end

3. DJI Focus to OSMO X5 Adaptor too short/no wireless option... its ideal for focus pull to operator DJI focus that is directly mounted to Osmo handle... as it does affect the operator's range of movement or may cause unwanted movement. Osmo + X5R + Samsung Galaxy Note 5 + DJI Focus is heavy for "single hand handheld" - With that setup, I'd rather GH4 on Ronin-M (more ergonomic + focus puller can operator separately, not affecting operator) Price wise, not much diff if you get Ronin-M + GH4, compared to X5R

4. No HDMI output - this is bad. I find the video image (on DJI Go App) on a Samsung Note 5 is too low resolution to pull focus effectively.

5. Not able to have "dual screens" - one for Operator and another for Focus Puller or Client/Director

6. Wifi connection to Iphone/Android is not robust and everytime you change battery, it takes a long time before you reconnect. Since the display is mounted to the handle, why can't DJI implement a USB or Lightning cable be used instead of Wifi?

7. Osmo Pro cannot record AUDIO even with the external mic (free with Osmo) inserted!!!
a.  It has a constant HISS which is terrible
b. X5 fan does not shut when recording audio
c. Audio feed from Sennheiser G3 Transmitter not "accepted"
d. Level Meter does not function on X5 or X5r

My take is, Osmo Pro is NOT ready for professional setups.

I reverted back to Ronin, A7s and WHDI wireless video transmission with DJI Focus.
2016-7-20
Use props
allenlew
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Cant post?
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Allen, we're very sorry about your experience. As you have noticed, DJI is a pioneer, aiming to make professional level video camera with an affordable price. As any new products in a field, there are certain things that need to be improved. DJI is dedicated to challenging itself and will keep improving its products.

Thank you.
2016-7-20
Use props
allenlew
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-21 10:21
Hi Allen, we're very sorry about your experience. As you have noticed, DJI is a pioneer, aiming to m ...

I hope DJI will improve upon it and provide a MODULAR upgrade option! Not a solution that discards the old hardware and acquire a brand new set.

This being said, is there a roadmap?
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

allenlew Posted at 2016-9-29 16:21
I hope DJI will improve upon it and provide a MODULAR upgrade option! Not a solution that discards ...

Sorry, even if there is, I can't comment on that
2016-9-29
Use props
Allen Lew
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 16:22
Sorry, even if there is, I can't comment on that

Do find someone in the organisation than can comment on that please. I think customers ought to know.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Allen Lew Posted at 2016-9-29 16:26
Do find someone in the organisation than can comment on that please. I think customers ought to kn ...

Sorry, nobody in DJI can/will tell you what DJI is going to develop next(roadmap)
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules