DJI Support Is A Joke
1756 16 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

At the back end of April my P3 Pro had a flyaway and flew itself at high speed into the ground. It was returned to my retailer and they sent it to DJI at the beginning of May. It has now been almost 3 months and still DJI have my P3, it is not my retailers fault and it is now getting embarassing having to keep pester them, they in turn are pestering DJI and seem to be getting nowhere. For a piece of equipment that costs in excess of 1000 uk pounds the level of service and customer support DJI give their customers is an absolute disgrace!

My retailer has now asked me to also contact DJI to chase this as he is feeling bad about it now as well. Sorry DJI but this is just not good enough and if i had known beforehand that service was this bad i would never have bought DJI 3 months is an absolute joke!
2016-7-22
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Sorry to hear you are having such poor luck. I've had great success with their support system. All of my questions / replies were followed up within 24 - 48 hours. They have had my drone since the 19th. The repair status website shows that it is repaired already. Now I'm just waiting on the return shipping. I hope the UK repair facility doesn't have a few bad apples that are hurting the DJI name.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.
I will notify the repair center for you and they will contact you.
I need your RMA number and also your email you login with as I would like to look at your flight record.
2016-7-22
Use props
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 17:56
I'm sorry you are experiencing this.
I will notify the repair center for you and they will contact y ...

Hi Ken,

I have no RMA as the P3 pro was sent to DJI by my dealer, he assures me he has been chasing this up and I have been contacting him for updates. DJI received the drone at the beginning of May, I know that the dealer has sent several emails and made phone calls to DJI and seems to be getting nowhere.

The dealer asked me to try contacting DJI myself and gave me a case number, today I received a reply  from DJI Netherlands and to be honest, that didnt make much sense either, they are trying to say that they recieved it as a repair and not a warranty repair, the thing is, if this is the case and there have been mix ups, it has still been 3 months where they have done nothing with the case. This is inexcusable for a company supposedly as large as DJI and for a 1000 UK pounds plus piece of equipment, even worse is i know my case is not an isolated one and within the industry DJI customer service has a bad reputation.

I can provide further info and case number etc but would prefer to do this via PM instead of posting details on a public forum. However i do thank you for your prompt reply.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-7-23 01:16
Hi Ken,

I have no RMA as the P3 pro was sent to DJI by my dealer, he assures me he has been chasi ...

There is no PM's. Since the Netherlands repair center already sent you and email today than there's nothing I can do except email them myself which I will do.
It would be way easier to have your case number but if you don't want to provide that then I'll send an email and they can possibly just find your case.
2016-7-22
Use props
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 18:53
There is no PM's. Since the Netherlands repair center already sent you and email today than there' ...

I have to say that I do feel asking people to post email addresses (especially since mine is from my own domain) on public forums isn't a good idea, however the case number is :-

CAS-152538-B8W1B1
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-7-23 02:11
I have to say that I do feel asking people to post email addresses (especially since mine is from  ...

Got it, thanks.
2016-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's easy and pain free to create an anonymous email address, at Yahoo, Google, MSN, hotmail. & Numerous others...
Surprised we all don't have an @DJI email too... Haha
It would resemble RedHotPoker@djimail.com

RedHotPoker

2016-7-22
Use props
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well this whole situation goes from bad to worse!

My P3 pro was basically in orbit mode and when I selected to start the camera for video, the pad indicated ATTI mode and at the same moment the aircraft tilted to 45 degrees, the motors began screaming like they had a nitro boost and the drone flew itself into the ground at 95 mph [1]  impacting so hard it semi embedded itself in the soil and parts flew over 8 feet into the air, the gimbal was nowhere to be found at the crash site. The drone was totalled. Even the battery was damaged.

[1]  95mph may sound excessive but if necessary i can even supply app footage that shows this, having said that, the app also said it was at 60ft altitude at point of impact.

On the advice of my dealer, the remains of the drone AND the controller were shilled back to them, quite an expensive operation by UK courier with insurance.

The return to DJI was then handled by my suppliers associate company who are a tier 1 DJI agent (I am informed there are 2 tiers of DJI agents, my supplier was a tier 2)

The thing was shipped back to DJI by the agents as a warranty return. Some time later an invoice for somewhere around 800 euros was sent to the agents for a repair fee, bear in mind that there is no way that this was A) a non economical repair item as it really was totalled and B) shouldn't have been invoiced as it was sent under warranty.

The agents have informed me that despite chasing up DJI and sending several emails informing them of this, they have been ignored as have promised return phone calls not been honoured by DJI.

Having spoken at length to the agents today i was informed of the above, it seems that the only thing that seems to have kick started DJI into action is my contacting their service center myself via email and also starting making the whole issue public both here and other places.

This whole thing started at the end of April and DJI have been in possession of the drone since the beginning of May! So give or take, this is approximately 3 months without an item i paid in excess of 1000 uk pounds for, my courier costs and the best part of the crappy UK summer now lost to me in flying time!  This whole thing has been a complete and utter shambles and in my honest opinion DJI should be taking steps to rectify this whole screw up with some level of urgency and dignity as this is now escalating way too far!
2016-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-7-26 09:57
Well this whole situation goes from bad to worse!

My P3 pro was basically in orbit mode and when ...

Why do you think it was under warranty? Where you able to supply the flight log to DJI?
2016-7-25
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

It seems like DJI determined it to be non warranty and you will be charged for the repairs. So it must have been pilot error.
2016-7-25
Use props
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

04red6 Posted at 2016-7-26 05:25
It seems like DJI determined it to be non warranty and you will be charged for the repairs. So it mu ...

Think you assume too much, logs say otherwise, no input on sticks when drone did the flyaway, this whole issue is poor communication from DJI with it's agents. I also dont believe pilot error can make a P3 pro fly at 95 mph plus either!  
2016-7-26
Use props
DIONDRONE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-7-26 12:49
Think you assume too much, logs say otherwise, no input on sticks when drone did the flyaway, this  ...

Had enough of the sham that is DJI support now, so have started with youtube!  :-

2016-8-2
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-8-2 16:25
Had enough of the sham that is DJI support now, so have started with youtube!  :-

https://www.you ...

At least you have your quadcopter , my quad flyway automatically who knows where

im Waring DJI supports answer
2016-8-2
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many crashes are not warranty OR pilot error - they fall somewhere in-between.

Those really concerned about crashing should buy 3rd party insurance (DJI care or others) against crashes.

I'm not making a guess on this one - just stating that many things can cause a crash. Example - let's say the machine had been dunked in a pond the week before...or that it was flown off a dirt road many a time and great amounts of dust entered the machine...or that the compass was way off due to it being set on something....or MANY other possibilities.

I think we can accept that the OP didn't control it into the ground - but that doesn't 100% mean there was a defect in materials and workmanship.

I know that's hard to accept when a drone bites the bust but it is the reality of the situation. A crash can be 100% DJI's fault, 100% pilot fault or ANY of MANY in-between.
Here is an article I wrote on the subject:
http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/06/drone-crash-maybe-not-fault/

All that said, I hope the OP gets a good drone back in one way or another!
2016-8-2
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I would recommend that you unmonetize your video
2016-8-2
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

DIONDRONE Posted at 2016-8-3 06:25

https://www.you ...

Sorry for your loss and from the sincerity of the situation DJI should offer up a replacement.
By the way, where did the "hitting a tower" come in.
2016-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules