Matrice 600 bricked after firmware update
3184 12 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tmcp2015
New

United States

Hi everyone
I have the Matrice 600 and during the update of the firmware, I got a message saying it failed. When the matrice was rebooted I can no longer see it in the assistant 2 app. Please help
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which firmware you were attempting to update to? Do you notice whether your computer makes any sort of verification sound that something was plugged in? Have you tried restarting the computer with the unit turned on and connected prior to starting the Assistant 2 software?
2016-7-30
Use props
tmcp2015
New

United States

I'm not sure of the version number but it was the latest for the matrice. I can connect the matrice to the assistant 2 but all I see is lightbridge 2 and I used to see the matrice listed too. Also in the DJI go app it shows as being connect to lightbridge rather then the matrice. Is there a hard reset or firmware backup to recover? I have tried Turning on the unit then powering up the PC with the same results. Also. The led on the Matrice stayes white.
2016-7-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tmcp2015 Posted at 2016-7-31 12:59
I'm not sure of the version number but it was the latest for the matrice. I can connect the matrice  ...

Could you clarify which LED you're referring to? Are you referring to the LED on the A3 itself?
2016-8-2
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

-had the same issue with our Inspire, try to connect your phone instead, we did that and then it connected, and we could update the remotes, that was version mis-matched.
2016-8-2
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man, I've had nothing but problems with my M600.  Let me know what you find
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tmcp2015 Posted at 2016-7-31 12:59
I'm not sure of the version number but it was the latest for the matrice. I can connect the matrice  ...

Do you still need help?
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SteadyWTF Posted at 2016-8-9 06:26
Oh man, I've had nothing but problems with my M600.  Let me know what you find

I've responded to you on your own thread.
2016-8-8
Use props
tmcp2015
New

United States

Its the upgrade LED on the back of the Matrice. Talked with DJI and they say the firmware upgrade bricked the A3. Sending it back to have them reflashed it. I ended up losing a 7K job over a flight controller. I have sense ordered another A3 for a spare but now get a battery error. Ugh DJI!!!!
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tmcp2015 Posted at 2016-8-10 10:14
Its the upgrade LED on the back of the Matrice. Talked with DJI and they say the firmware upgrade br ...

If you bought a standalone A3 main controller, then it will not function properly. The A3 flight controller that is in the M600 is different from the standalone system in that it's already preprogramed and locked to that frame alone and its battery system. It would have been best to send the whole M600 back for RMA in order to keep the warranty in tact.
2016-8-11
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tmcp2015 Posted at 2016-8-9 22:14
Its the upgrade LED on the back of the Matrice. Talked with DJI and they say the firmware upgrade br ...

I feel terrible for you man.  We lost an entire day also because of faulty iOS firmware.  So sorry bro, that's a horrible feeling and one that is like a punch in the gut.   
2016-8-13
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 16:15
If you bought a standalone A3 main controller, then it will not function properly. The A3 flight co ...

For the record, how to you box the m600 to send the whole thing back? Are we supposed to re-pack the entire thing?  Jamie, I'm not gonna kill the messenger here.  You actually seem like a nice person.  However, for those who are trying to run companies, doing work every day or week with these units.  Losing a day,  or a day rate is such a big deal to us. To date, I've had two Inspires, a X3 camera, Ronin battery, Phantom 2 gimbal,  a Phantom 4,  a Matrice600 and a Phantom 3 Pro (that's a long story all to itself) cause delays in production due to firmware issues or internal problems (granted we do own a lot of DJI gear).  However when we send some of these to get fixed it either takes a lifetime or we get the 3rd degree.   I feel like your loyal customers deserve the benefit of the doubt since we use DJI products literally all of the time even though you guys make us unknowingly BETA test all of your products.  You are a multi-billion dollar company, I wish you guys would just say sorry once in awhile.  That guy lost 7k!!!  We lost a day on production and had to pay an entire crew.  
So I hope DJI will start acknowledging mistakes and perhaps give out credits to those have spent thousands and thousands on equipment and get burned with the evidence to back it up.
2016-8-13
Use props
tmcp2015
New

United States

So at this point I have sent the A3 controller back to DJI because they need to reprogram it there. Not sure how long that will take.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules