DJI P4 Drifting
744 8 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userb722cc32ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1781 ft
United States

My DJI P4 drifts when hovering. Can it be a bent prop? Any idea?
2016-8-3
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

Are you in P mode? Because if you're flying ATT mode, this is normal, no GPS lock in ATT. But, if your'e flying in P mode, and you see that it doesn't stay at the same spot, you might need to do a proper Compass calibration!
2016-8-3
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

How far does it drift..  A few inches of 'wandering' is OK, especially if there's a wind.   I'm assuming you're in P or S mode...  It will drift in Atti because the GPS is turned off.
2016-8-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Does it drift horizontally or vertically, or both?
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There should be no drifting above the specs, if there is then preform an IMU calibration.
You should not have any bent propellers. And if you have had even the slightest accident like a small tip over to where even one prop scraped the ground you should discard that prop and install a new one. Any kind of prop strike, you should install new ones.Can you please post a video showin gthe drifting.
Hover Accuracy        Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

2016-8-3
Use props
userb722cc32ed
lvl.1
United States

Ok  calibrated the compass  And still drifting. Pull back and drifts  forward few feet in  "P". I have single sign with a red line on top?
image.png
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

userb722cc32ed Posted at 2016-8-4 09:01
Ok  calibrated the compass  And still drifting. Pull back and drifts  forward few feet in  "P". I ha ...

Have you calibrated the IMU as well? In your picture, there is a communicate problem between your RC and phone. Try to change the cables or replug it.
2016-8-3
Use props
firefighter5138
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 00:30
Have you calibrated the IMU as well? In your picture, there is a communicate problem between your  ...

The picture was after I landed and shut it off
2016-8-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

A bent prop should have no effect in P-mode as the quad is supposed to correct anything thanks to the GPS !
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules